Tuesday, August 28, 2007

To the Midwife we go

And let's hope this is the beginning of the end. With my fingers tingling and the weight bearing down on my knees, I am honestly about ready to meet this little girl.

If she can't get things moving today, I will seriously be depressed by tomorrow morning, and may purchase some cod liver oil...

**Edited to Add: It should read Castor Oil up there, thank you Miss Mel let's hope what worked for your Grandmother will also work for me. And so... the baby has not dropped enough to do anything from my midwives perspective, so she recommended the Castor Oil. As well as crawling around on my knees! If I had known that I would have been crawling around for the last month. Anyhow, I will take the Castor Oil tonight and see if we at least get her to move down enough for a little extra help from my midwife. My fingers are still tingling, bummer.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger little miss mel said...

my grandmother used castor oil to induce labor with my aunt. She didn't want her to be born on Leap Year.

She was born on the 28th. :)

Hope you get some progressive news!!!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Come on Baby! Come out and meet the world! It's a lot more fun out here!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Miranda was late too. 2 weeks late But being my first I was quite content to wait. I Wanted Nathan to ake it to august 1st and then I didn't care but he had to come in July so we wouldn't share the same month birthday like daddy and Miranda.

Good luck, Speedy delivery, waiting for news.
Hugs
LMAO At the thought of ou crawling all around the house all day on your hands and knees.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, the waiting! How I hate the waiting! The spicy food, the sex, the housework - I tried it all with Simon, even shovelling the driveway AND the back deck, and we still had to induce when he was 10 days late.

It's time to come out, baby! We're waiiiiiting!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~
~~~~
good vibes
good vibes
~~~~
~~~~

2:59 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Hope she decides to make an appearance - maybe a little incentive won't hurt.

Good luck :-)

4:07 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

My great grandma did the caster oil thing too and voila,,,,grandpa was born....a month early though. She was tired of being prego and heard a rumor about the caster oil....it worked!
Hope it works for you!!!!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sending good thoughts your way! The little princess will be making her appearance very soon! :) xo

7:37 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

Did you have a regular birth with your son? I ate pineapple, drank tea, vacuumed like a madwoman- but nada. I didn't drink cod liver oil- but my cousin did.

I never had any contractions or tell-tale signs of labor, alas c-sections for both! However it happens for you, I hope she's out sooner than later!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the last few days are the longest! Hope the baby comes soon!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I don't know if you can feel cyberhugs, but big 'uns from me.

Go, castor oil! Go, midwife! Go, Beachmama!

12:43 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

oh honey, sending you loads and loads of love, come on out sweet girlie, come and see your beautiful bedroom lol X

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home