Friday, August 24, 2007

Opa has Arrived!!

Sorry Silver Creek Mom, but the Baby will not be sharing your birthday!

The great news is that Opa has finally arrived!! Since we thought he would miss the big day, he was very surprised to see us at the airport. I tried almost everything yesterday. I vacuumed, I did loads and loads and loads of laundry. I am not even sure how we had so much last week, but it just kept going and going. I stayed on my feet almost all day, but all I got was a lot of aches and pains.

Today my girlfriend is bringing some spicy Thai food in hopes to get things moving, so we will see how that goes.

Oh yes, back to Opa. He lives in Vancouver and we miss him terribly when he is not here. The last two years he made two visits, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. This year we only have this one visit, so it has been a long wait for him to arrive. J is over the moon that he has arrived. It was nearly impossible to get him to bed last night. And today they are heading out to pick out his birthday present so J is very excited.

Thank you all for watching my non-labour and delivery so closely. The actual due date is Tuesday, the 28th. But J was early and even my midwives thought she would have been here by now. There is no such thing as a small baby in our family, so I am prepared for a big little girl. If I could do a jumping jack I so would, but I fear my knees would give out from holding all this weight and that just wouldn't be good for actual delivery so alas, I have not done any jumping jacks. I will definately keep you all posted, but for right this moment, absolutely nothing is happening.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Hope it happens soon!

With my second (C-section with first) I was really grumpy the day I went into labour - kind of like PMS only pre-labour grumps I guess.

3:54 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

So glad he made it! And I hope the spicy food does the trick!

4:38 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

BE CAREFUL with the spicy food. I was a queen at spicy food, walks, and interesting sex late in the game with Rt.

Let's just say the spicy food made an appearance during labor. Humiliating.

Easy labor to you!!:)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any day now!!!!

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home