Friday, December 08, 2006

Resting well

Yesterday's egg retrieval went very well. We got 12 eggs and I am just sitting here waiting to hear the fertilization report.

For J we had 15 eggs with 8 fertilized, so here's hoping we get at least 6 so that we can go to a five day blast. If five or less fertilize we go to a day three transfer, their rules not mine. I should proboly explain for those who haven't gone through this, a five day blast is when the cells in the embryo blast apart. The Doctors at our clinic like to go for blast as they find this has a better success rate than an embryo that is still in the cell stage. A day three embryo would only be 8 cells. That is not to say that a day three won't work, it has just been proven to be more effective to go to day five.

The surgery was quick and relatively painless, I asked for half the meds which was a blessing, there is nothing worse than being knocked out by drugs you don't really need. I was doing so well I was allowed to leave a half hour after the surgery instead of an hour. I rested all day on the couch going in and out of sleep, watching grown up shows on tv and reading a good book. Ahhh, it was great. And today, my Mother is here cleaning my house so I don't have to, gotta love it.

Will update again after getting the fert report.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are resting!

keeping everything crossed for taht fertility report

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sending good thoughts your way!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep resting! I am keeping fingers and toes crossed for you...

1:50 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

anonymous is mw again

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home