Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fifteen

That is how many degrees it is above zero! And it is November 30th for crying out loud. I would not be complaining except that it is pouring rain, and we Northerner's know what happens when it is hot and raining in November or December, a quick freeze will follow and going anywhere tomorrow will be absolutely aweful. It is also supposed to snow tomorrow, go figure.

Now that I am finished my novel I feel the sudden rush of a million things I have to do in the next 24 days. I thought I would start by making a list. Lists always make me feel better.

  • sort out what presents are left to be bought.
  • wrap presents that are hidden in A's closet, before Hubby and J find them...
  • write Christmas cards and send, to be done in next five days, thank goodness I ordered them weeks ago.
  • start baking!! Yay! One of my favourite parts of Christmas, the baking. I love to bake, but it makes me fat so I only do it for special occaisions and Christmas is a special occaision.
  • pick up tree at Ikea. Every year we get our Ikea tree, it costs $15 an you get a $15 coupon to use in the new year, so it is like a free tree. We always get it now because they are ready, but we don't put it up until next weekend or the weekend after.
  • Decorate tree and rest of house. The few new things are already placed around the house, feather tree for my room, Nutcrackers for J in the dinning room, startlights to hang in A's room for fun...
  • wrap more presents.
  • Take J to see Santa.
  • send presents out to Vancouver.
  • Pick up groceries for special occaisions. I love to keep lots of easy quick fix's on hand around the holidays, that way I can throw together an antipasto platter or cheese and crackers in no time flat, love it.
  • Liquor store run... not that I will be drinking, but I like to have a little on hand just in case.

Ok, I think that is my list, I should probobly prioritize them. But, it is a good start. Here we go, off to the races! Day one of the Playmobil Advent starts tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I HATE, do you hear me, HATE freezing rain. Give me tons of snow, that's fine, you can do something with it like build forts or snowmen or get snowed in. But freezing rain, its useless and just disrupt out lives.

And love your list. I'm a list person. Alawys making lists. Get great satisfaction making them AND crossing things off.

So good luck with yours!

off to make another list

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo, you're making me nervous. Now I'm thinking about all the things that should be on my list...

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo, you're making me nervous. Now I'm thinking about all the things that should be on my list...

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just take it one day at a time and I'm sure you'll get everything done. And Congrats on NaNoWriMo!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home