Thursday, November 23, 2006

Five Days

Hubby left yesterday for Portugal. It seems a little silly to me to fly somebody for ten hours to attend an eight hour meeting, then fly them home another ten hours. But, alas that is what they wanted to do. At least Hubby got them to add one day for him to tour around Portugal, well Lisbon really. Because how much can you see in only one day? Lots actually when I think of all the things we did in one day in San Diego and in the past we did a one day tour of Bermuda that took us from tip to tip.

Can I admit that I am totally jealous. Ok, there I did it. It would have been silly to go with him for such a short time but, his boss did tell him to go for a week if he wanted and to take me along. Unfortuately we would have had to pay for all those extra days in the hotel and my airfare. Since we just did California and I am cycling for ivf, it just wasn't the right time. There better be another time to go again.

The book is coming along nicely, I am over 35,000 words which is really a great breaking point. Now I have to figure out how to get all I want to say into the last 15,000 words and do it creatively. I was getting mad at myself that the story might have a few dead spots, then I remembered that I am not supposed to be editing it yet. And that it is really a rough draft of a first draft of a novel. Hopefully, I will find the time to go back and do all the rewrites that will be necessary to make it a fun novel to read, until then anyone who may get to read it will have to remember that it is a very rough draft.

We are off to the museums this morning, gotta keep the little guy busy while Daddy is away, and me too, otherwise the night stretches on and on and on.....

...just wanted to add one of those priceless photos of a sleeping boy.


3 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

I hear ya on the "travelling longer than the actual meeting itself" phenomenon!! But believe me, it's better than those drawn out loooooooong trips. You'll get to go along another time, promise!

Your novel sounds great!! Can't wait to read it (wink, nudge).

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home