Sunday, November 12, 2006

Natural sugar may be the way to go

After my last post, it is ironic to post that my father, who really needs to lose a few pounds spent yesterday at the hospital. He was having trouble breathing. We have all asked and begged him to lose some weight, but until you make up y our mind yourself it just doesn't work. My father has not been to Emerg since... well, the '70's when he broke his arm.

The Doctor's aren't exactly sure what is wrong with him, but he did have fluid in his lungs and possibly has some congenital heart failure. Possible. The interns wanted to check him in yesterday, but when the doctor finally showed up at midnight, she saw no reason for him to stay. He will however have to go to the Heart Institute for further testing. The Doctor did say one thing for sure... you must lose weight Mr.

And so it begins again. My Sister's and I have decided that he needs an intervention. We have all agreed to help him by giving up our treats, etc. as well. He gets to eat way more calories than my sisters and I but, we will go at it with him and help him in anyway possible. He won't have to join a gym because we have one here in our house. So, he will have to work out, like it or not.

So again, I will give up my sweets and hope that some fresh fruit full of all things sugary and natural will have to do. If I can't do it, there is no way I can expect my Dad to.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your dad is OK. Make sure he gets the additional testing.

Good luck to you in trying to change his habits. We have been working on my FIL your two years with very limited success.

2:55 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

here's hoping teh testing at the heart Institute (where he will get great care, I know, been there with my dad and hubby) doesn't find anything too serious

and looks like you are all onto a great motivation, good luck!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

You GO Girl and insire your dad. I have been waffling about something in my life with my parents that I am going to take the bull by the horns and talkt o them about it today.

I tried for years to get my dad to stop smoking. He did when he fell off a ladder and broke 2 ribs and puntured a lung. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks and no he lives on Oxygen. He can hardly walk and he is just 70.

Good LUCK I know how hard this all is.
Love and support from ME

8:36 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

i'm with ya gurl.
as of yesterday i'm cutting out loads of white flour and sugar in our family's diet cos i've felt so tired lately. going to bake our own bread using stoneground organic wholewheat flour.
and stuff sandwiches full of salad instead of nutella.

and i *do* notice that when i cut the cr*p outta our food, i can *TASTE* things again....
all power to yas xx

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home