Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Giving Thanks

We celebrated Thanksgiving this past weekend. And I just wanted to show some of the things I am thankful for.
I am thankful that my Dad's brother was able to make a trip accross from Montréal to meet his newest great neice. The reality is that they won't be driving for much longer, at least not long trips. So it was wonderful that they were able to come. We will have to start making more trips to Montréal again like we used to.
I am thankful that J, despite being pretty much a vegetarian, was so excited for Thanksgiving supper he was at the table way before anybody arrived.
I am thankful that Hubby was able to run his half-marathon, in under two hours, without feeling like he ran a full-marathon. And for the beautiful day he had to run it.
I am thankful for J and Apple, who keep us going everyday and don't let us stop for a minute. They are the sunshine in our lives and make parenthood so much easier than it really is.
I am Thankful that I was able to make a turkey dinner, despite my neice and nephew being so sick that my brother-in-law had to stay home with them. My Sister made it solo with the veggies. We had a nice, quiet dinner together. Which brings me to the fact that I am so thankful I have three Sister's. Even though they are far away from home, they were thought of, talked about and missed terribly.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger 180360 said...

I really enjoyed this. It's so important to be thankful and to realize how blessed we all are. Happy Thanksgiving!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this talk of Thanksgiving is making me excited for next month! (Turkey Day, here in the states).

I love all that strawberry blonde hair on Apple!! And as usual, I adore J's happy smiles.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

What a beautiful post! J's excitement is tangible in the picture at the table.

You are blessed with a beautiful family :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Family, friends, good food and great times...that's what it's all about :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

Happy Turkey Day!

Family rocks.

Glad you had so much to be thankful for. :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

What lovely family photos - sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving - and to make the dinner with a preschooler and baby so young - what are you running on anyway :)?

4:28 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

happy thanksgiving, beach babe.
love all your photos, am *so* jealous that you have *three* sisters!!! X

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home