Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A is for Apple and other fun things

I have so much to blog about and not enough time. Time and that I could post twice a day for the next two weeks and probobly still have lots to say. Now watch, next week I won't be able to think of one fun or interesting thing to blog about.

Let's get on with the show. Last week I was tagged by a grrls wrrld with a meme to list seven random things about me. I know I have done similar ones to this one, but let's give it a go shall we.

1. I have a toe ring. I have had one since 1986. The particular one I am wearing is 15 years old and was made out of beads by my youngest sister. The ones before that were all rubber rings that would only last so long then break. This one is going on strong.

2. I used to drive a motorcycle. And if I can remember to bring the photo to my sister's house and scan it in, one day you will all get to see me on my former ride. I sold it to buy a convertible, still only had two seats, but it was much more convenient in the rain and while wearing skirts.

3. I lived in England for a year. February 1977 - February 1978. I still remember all the castles and Brighton Beach and our little house in Sutton, Surrey. I remember my best friend Liana (who still sends cards, along with her Mom for birthdays and holidays) and our school Devonshire Public school. My younger sister was born there, but has never been back.

4. I play a cello. Not very well anymore, I could use a little practice to get up to snuff again.

5. I also play a flute. I taught myself and then gave my sister my flute and haven't seen it since.

6. I worked at Cineplex Odeon for two months shy of 10 years. It was the longest ten years of my life.

7. One person (and only one,ever) told me I would make a terrible mother and should never have kids. I never knew why he said that and wish I knew where he was today, so I could go over and smack him in the face. And of course brag about my kids.


You are probobly all wondering why A is for Apple?

Because I have the best Hubby in the whole entire world. You see, my trusty Dell laptop is starting to give me trouble. I love it to peices and it is our second Dell laptop, my fourth if you count the two I used at work. I also used Dell desktops at work and loved them too. But, now that my photography passion is taking over again in my life, I wanted my next laptop to be an Apple. I was waiting until I had a complete handle on my camera and learned all the ins and outs of Photoshop Elements.

But Hubby was tired of me getting frustrated with my Dell, although he tried to convince me that a new Dell was all I needed and even the professionals aren't using Apples for photography anymore. I stood fast and declared, "I will buy my own next year when I can start earning some money again". So, Hubby did some research and visited a few shops. His research identified the fact that I was right. Can we hear that again folks. I WAS RIGHT. Apples are awesome for what I want to do.

Hubby decided that I should have one. You see tomorrow is my birthday so for my birthday this year I got my Apple. I have no idea yet how to use it entirely, but I am learning. And for now I cannot do a full post, complete with links from Safari. I will need to keep posting from my Dell until my migration. So far so good, I love it to peices, I just uploaded all my photos, so we are off and running.

Here's to Apples.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my laptop croaks, I'm going to get a Mac. I've been working in the PC format long enough to know that they inevitably get so buggy that they give up. From what I understand, Macs are far less suseptible to bugs.

I used to play the violin, but I really, truly wanted to take up the cello. The problem was that the instrument rental store didn't have a cello :( So I stuck with the violin.

And... what a horrible person to say something like that to you! You are such a loving MOM, I can't imagine why someone would even think to say something so cruel. Pfft!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

What a great BD present! I know one person who has an Apple, he's an artist/photographer - it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
I was hinting to get a new laptop for my new kitchen, for my BD; BD came and went, but hopefully before the end of the year we'll have one there.
Cute meme - who knew that you were a musician too? That's awesome!
Oh, and if you ever do run out of stuff to post, I've got a ridiculously long meme that you can consider yourself tagged on, to complete whenever you feel like it :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

That was fun! It's always neat to learn little known facts.

yay for your new computer, I can't wait to see your new digs with your new photos :-)

Oh and Happy Birthday too!

4:41 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Enjoy it!!!! I love love love mine...

4:59 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hooray for you and your new 'puter!

Hubby has been a die-hard Mac fan for years (he loves his Apples -- says they are by far the best for all his photo editing) and he's been coveting the new 17" MacBook Pro for months... he's gonna be green with envy when i tell him about yours ;)

and Happy (early) Birthday!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You impress me every time I read your blog! How cool is it that you play the cello!!?!?!

PS. I think your Hubby should talk to my Hubby!!!!

9:24 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

And to think I thought this post was gonna be about another new Apple in your life.

Happy Birthday!

9:57 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

download firefox pronto! it will help tons!

congrats!! welcome to our MAC world. :)

Happy Birthday!!!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Happy Birthday and Happy New Apple.

- Heidi

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky girl! I was thinking of getting a MacBook but wasn't sure if I was ready to migrate from Windows. Let me know how you like it!

4:25 AM  
Blogger aandjblog said...

Oooh! What kind of motorcycle did you have?

Photoshop Elements is a great program isn't it?

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Enjoy your new Apple :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kellan said...

Happy Birthday - and congratulations on your Apple laptop. And great meme. See ya.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
congratulations on the Apple!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh WOW! Now I will have to come over and look at that puppy!

Happy Birthday Chickie. I guess it was AWESOME!

Luv ya
SCM

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

why on earth would someone say such a thing? (the bad mother comment)

good thing you didn't have kids with him!

happy birthday!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home