Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dear Anonymous,

I am not sure why you were so chicken to to hide behind anonymity, but I feel I must reply.

I never once said that I wasn't breaking the law. That being said, this particular stretch of road is not a road that you would ever walk on, unless you were terribly drunk and since I am always sober behind the wheel, I would have seen you and slowed down before Officer Olaf had a chance to even see me. You would have received a ticket for walking your dog on this road instead of using the bike path far away from the cars. The fact is that this stretch of road is 80 clicks in its entirety except for this one tiny little stretch in front of a mall that has hardly any occupants.

I do feel I deserved a break, and still do today, because I am the one who is holding up traffic doing the proper speed every day instead of the bozos who only go the speed limit when there is a speed trap. The officers could have been serving us better by putting the speed trap in the school zone by our house.

Not five minutes before my Mother and I were watching "Jack" drive like a demon and pass BETWEEN cars on the highway, now why wasn't there an officer there to witness that one? Not sure.

And yes, I agree, they are underpaid for serving and protecting us. I just hope when I do actually need them, they are available to me and not sitting in a speed trap wasting time giving a non-deserving citizen a ticket to make the coffers of the city richer.

I am sure you are a perfect citizen and never once accidentally didn't drop down your speed upon entering a new zone, and for that I commend you. For the rest of us, well these things happen once in a while, and we should be forgiven.

I do believe I admitted that years ago I did deserve a ticket, but was given a warning. So, yes I did take one for the team, but truly this time, it was undeserving.

May you never be caught.

Sincerely,
BeachMama

Back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow. I did have a fun post ready for today, but was sidetracked and felt the need to respond.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I think if you don't feel comfortable saying what you feel using your own name, you maybe should think twice about saying it all.

Just my humble opinion!

I got my first anon comment the other day but it wasn't mean or rude, just challenging me on a very serious issue.

:-)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you would have just posted your fun post instead of letting "anon" suck you into her black hole.

As mentioned, those who hide behind "anonymous" need not be taken seriously. You are a woman who speaks her mind even if it isn't the popular view, obviously Anonymous hasn't followed your blog enough to know that about you. Otherwise she would have known you would have welcomed a dissenting (albeit not very polite) point of view as long as someone owned up to it.

Sorry you got the ticket...my hubby has always stayed as far away from traffic duty as he could. He prefers to actually solve crime.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

I'll be checking back for regular programming tomorrow, then :)

- Heidi

3:59 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Hear, hear. Glad you got that off your chest.
Looking forward to more cutie pie pix tomorrow:)

4:48 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

isn't anonymous just so special??

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's always good to get things off your chest. Good for you :) Anonymous comments are the best, aren't they? ;p

I had my settings on "moderate comments" but took it off after a few weeks because I was too lazy to moderate.

Anyhooooo...hope you're doing well and can't wait to see more cute pics of the kiddies! xo

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous comments are only good for one thing: deletion.

sorry about the ticket :(

10:02 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I am with you...I am amazed how many careless drivers there are around schools and how there are never any cops around at that time of day when people seem to play chicken with children on the way to school....
There are speed traps to make extra money for the cities that are not 'making'enough through regular taxes... a great deal of time I think it is an extra 'tax', like the parking police...
They are never there to ticket the cars that are double parked on the sidewalk making mothers with strollers and toddlers walk on the road...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home