Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

The kids were great and the treats were many. J remembered at 4pm that we had not carved the pumpkins, so I brought in the biggest one and a small pie pumpkin and got to work. Thank goodness Apple decided to nap, so we got them done in record time, even though J would not stick his hand in the pumpkin, it looked 'yucky 'according to him. Also according to J I do not carve a pumpkin as well as his teacher and he wished she was here doing it for me.
The kids posed for me in their Old Navy shirts. Apple's reads "Daddy's Little Pumpkin" and J's reads "Mummy's Boy". We had a great day weather wise. And a perfect evening for the kids to do their rounds.With barely enough time to snap a photo, poor J was having itchy neck issues due to the wool sweater I put on him under his Darth costume. I got a neck warmer for him but he was still a little itchy. Apple kept her cat costume on for about a half an hour, long enough for me to hand out the bulk of the candy and check out stuff going on out on the street, all while she was bundled in the front carrier. Then we came in and waited for the kids to come.

All in all another successful Halloween. Not bad considering I didn't Trick or Treat as a kid.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Karen MEG said...

Oh, they're so darling!

Halloween weather is always tricky isn't it? Sometimes it's too hot, or it's freezing but the kids don't want to wear their coats. And even if it wasn't the wool sweater, I bet the Darth-wear was itchy anyway, as most of the costumes themselves are itchy!

And you didn't trick or treat at all as a kid? Probably better for your parents dental bills anyway :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Oh, they're so darling!

Halloween weather is always tricky isn't it? Sometimes it's too hot, or it's freezing but the kids don't want to wear their coats. And even if it wasn't the wool sweater, I bet the Darth-wear was itchy anyway, as most of the costumes themselves are itchy!

And you didn't trick or treat at all as a kid? Probably better for your parents dental bills anyway :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Sweet!

Happy Halloween!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

They are just adorable. I've had lots of Darths in my household, but never a cute little cat like that. So sweet.

Hope the kids had fun. Itchy or not.

Heidi :)

2:23 AM  
Blogger familymclean said...

We didn't trick or treat either, so it is so fun for me now!
Your kids look darling, glad you had a great day!
You are such a super mom!

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, my kids won't touch the pumpkin guts either.

What cuties your two are this year - I can't believe how grown-up J looks! Apple seems to be showing a tendency to red hair - is that just the photo?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Too cute. Nathan loves Pumpkin guts going GROSS all the time. LOL! although I forgot to get one this year. OH well. Next year.
Hugs

9:56 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Adorable!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! J and Apple are sooooooooo cute! Glad you guys had a great Halloween!! xo

1:49 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

awee. lovely.

I carved one as well at the last minute and it totally showed. oh well, it was fun anyway!

Rt didn't want his hand in there either! heh

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home