Monday, November 05, 2007

C is for Crafty Christmas


This is my work table. And it is a huge mess. I have so many projects on the go. You can see SAJ's Gumball Kitty just waiting to be finished. There is some material on the shelf for baby change pads that need to be put together. Some more material for a quilt and some for a blanket. Then there is my stack of books. Sad but true, most of them are about organizing. I am usually really good at organizing, but it seems to have been getting away from me since I got pregnant.

So where does C is for Crafty Christmas come into play you ask? I want to try to make this Christmas a home-made Christmas of sorts but, in order to get started I need to deal with the work table. It calls to me every day, you see my craft table is located in our loft which is on the second floor smack dab in between all the bedrooms. So every morning I see it and want to get to work, every time I go upstairs I want to get to work and every night at bedtime I say, "tomorrow". Well, here I sit typing instead of tackling the craft table.

Today, I made a schedule to get things done for Christmas. So whether I like it or not, I am going to have to put stuff away and organize that table. Or there will be no Christmas at my house. That and if it were organized I would be able to grab a few moments whenever I had them to get a little work done.

I think tomorrow just might be that day.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Good luck...and share your tips!!! Or just come over and organize my work room...:-)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

My idea of organizing is to take all the crap cluttering up every space in the house and shove it somewhere.

Then when I need whatever it was, I haven't the foggiest where it might have gotten shoved.

:-)

I could learn from you!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

I think it's a lovely idea to make your own Christmas presents.
Good luck with the organizing of the craft table! Hope you'll share your progress on the Christmas project with us.
Heidi

2:56 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Your craft table looks like my glass table. I will be forced to clean it up soon, as I have a large project that needs to be done.

8:57 AM  
Blogger aandjblog said...

Those kitties look really cute. I can't wait to see the finish product.

10:15 AM  
Blogger familymclean said...

We are going to try to do a homemade Christmas of sorts this year too, by that I mean that the kids and I will make most of the gifts. However....my craft table is like yours, so I will just avoid it. I know I won't get around to cleaning it. So....good luck on yours, can't wait to see what you make!

3:15 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

ooh, I so want to be able to sew.

Impressive!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am the Queen or Organizing-- just ask my kids... hah. Actually I am clutter-phobic and a bit anal about "stuff" so I feel your pain.
show us your clean slate- and please share some craft ideas for Christmas that a 9 year old girl and a 13 year old boy would like to do-- my husband's trips to the pottery place are breaking the bank... ARGH.

5:29 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

hubby and the twins ar going away down south (sigh) all of next week SO it's my cue to organize, organize, organize. tons of little projects!

good luck with yours :)

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home