Monday, November 12, 2007

Ideas Please

In the spirit of my homemade Christmas I think I have everybody figured out except the boys (ok, Men).

Here is my list of stuff so far that I am making and hopefully my Sister's aren't lurking in the shadows. And if they are they just won't be as surprised as I would like. This is random and some is for the kids and some is for the adults.

  1. Aprons
  2. Fridge Magnets
  3. Laptop Sleeves (ok the kids don't have laptops so, there you go)
  4. Hats
I am stuck for the Guys. After all these years (it's been 8 that we have all been together) I am drawing blanks at what to get or do for the guys. It used to be so easy when they didn't have garages full of tools. Even more so that I am trying to make stuff homemade. If anybody has any wonderful ideas please pass them along. If not, I may have to make purchases for these guys.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger little miss mel said...

I don't really have any ideas, but I am quite impressed with your talents.

A gift made from love. Nothing better. well, diamonds, of course. ;)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Why not laptop sleeves? Or do they not have laptops?
Scarfs are in this year for men...?

If you are personalizing the fridge magnets, you can do that for the guys, too. Reminders, sayings, things like that.

I am very impressed at your craftiness!

Heidi

3:14 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I have some great men's hat patterns if you want one. How about a travel mug cover? Golf club covers? Slippers? Tool belt aprons with pockets to hold the little bits? M has one and loves it.

I'll keep thinking for you...

7:10 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Check out sewmamasew.com. She's posting an idea a day for holiday gifts to make I believe...I haven't checked them out yet, but have heard some rave reviews.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Roz said...

I'm stuck for "guy" ideas too.

I hope you compile a list and post it so we can all benefit from your readers' great ideas!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making buckwheat neck pillows for some friends (men included).

Scarves also make good gifts...especially stripy scarves! Can't get enough of those.

4:12 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

oh yes, those buckwheat pillows.
sorry am late to this, am so impressed at your sewing capabilities and energy....
am off to check out sewmamasew!!!!! X

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home