Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And he claims he can't spell

This is what I found on the fridge this morning..

I also found out yesterday, from one of the Mom's at J's school, that he can zip up his jacket. I told J to ask her for his help and she says, "J show your Mom how you can zip your own jacket." I laughed, as every single morning he goes on and on about not being able to zip up his jacket. He did it. Quick as can be. I was shocked. Apparently he learned how to do that in the first week of school.

So this morning J was almost in tears because I didn't believe him that he really didn't know how to put his socks on himself.

These are some of the fabrics I am working with.
And this was me in production mode on the weekend.
Everything is now cut out and ready for the machine. I did a mass cutting, now I will do mass putting it all together.

And one last piece of news is that we switched Apple's carseat to J's old one (I was using a friends that was a bit narrower than mine and for sure had passed the carseat crash tests last year. We couldn't find the info on ours.) and what do you know, we had two car rides that did not involve crying and screaming. I think the other one was just not comfortable. Will try it out again tomorrow just in case it was a fluke.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Hooray on the quieter car rides!!

Now what are you making with those adorable fabrics? Or am I jsut way too behind on blog reading and you've already told us?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Pretty impressive, J!

Cute fabric! I'm curious to find out what it is you are making! Will you tell us? Pretty please? :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I love the fabrics! Can't wait to see the finished projects.

And I hope the car seat thing works out for you. A was particularly particular about carseats. We eventually stumbled upon one she like, thank goodness!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Yikes, I do hope the spelling thing is coincidence... I mean not that he shouldn't be able to spell but not that word!

Pretty fabric, can't wait to see what you are making, you ambicious Mom with a newborn ;-)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

That's pretty funny J!
I wish I were crafty! I think it would be more fun for my kidlets too.

10:29 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

yea for car seat success!!

love the zipping of the jacket too!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Oh, your blog is taking me back about 4 years...the screaming car rides...the "I can't do it" stuff (wait: that hasn't gone away!).

2:38 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ooo love your fabrics, very cutesy.
can't wait to see some finished pics, keep those feet up in between, remember apple is still tiny
(yes auntie, i can see your eyeball roll lol) X

2:52 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Whatcha makin?

Nice fabric.


J is a true boy his first word is hilarious!


2 more sleeps till bon Jovi... Yes I'm excited.

8:48 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

hooray on the quiet car ride, hope it becomes habitual!
look at how industrious you are, making crafts AND taking care of a newborn and a young child!

LOL at J's new word, he's a boy allright

can't wait to see the finished results!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the zipper as the very same thing happened here!

I look forward to the finished projects!

10:31 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I love the fridge magnets; a prodigy in the making!

Your ability to turn pieces of fabric into meaningful creations amazes me. I'm still working on the little hole in my ages-old camera bag. I think I need some lessons!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home