Tuesday, November 20, 2007

NanoNoMore

I did it, I flunked out. But, for good reason. Although I would have rather not. You see, yesterday both Hubby and I came down with the Norwalk Virus. The one where you hug the porcelain bowl for about 12 hours intermittently with getting your butt down fast. Yep, that one. Last time I had it I was pregnant with J.

Not having another person to take care of makes being sick very easy. Having two kids to take care of and both of us get sick with in minutes of each other (4am Sunday night) meant I had to put in an emergency call to Mom. And she came to the rescue. Thank goodness.

Not only did she take care of Apple and J, but she cleaned and did laundry while making sure Hubby and I had lots of fluid and whatever else we needed. It was the longest day, ever.

Having my Mom so close by and able to come and help out made me realize how fortunate I really am. I was sad for my older Sister in Regina yesterday, as she had been sick too, but did not have Mom around the corner to help out. There is no way I would have made it through yesterday without her.

Thanks Mom, again for coming to the rescue.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Oh boy, how great is your Mom?!

Hope you are both feeling better and that the kids do not get it

:-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Please tell me that you have TWO bathrooms. If not, puking together in the same toilet must win the award for Best Marital Bonding Activity and you guys would win!

I'm not sure what you'd win, though.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so, so, SO hard being sick when you're a mom. Good thing you had help, and I hope you're all feeling better soon (and that the kids don't get it!)

11:50 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

oh me oh my!!!

so sorry about the sickies!!!!

got to love the mom help. Yea for clean house too!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Oh man that sounds rough. Norwalk with 2 kids, one of them an infant... I get stressed just thinking about it. Thank goodness you have your Mom so close. Glad you both are on the mend!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Oooh...glad you're feeling better now. Nothing worse than both of you being ill with little kidlets around.

You're lucky your mother is close by to help out!

Heidi

10:07 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Yes you ar so lucky. There would be no way my mom would come and help us for fear she would get it. I wouldn't even ask.
Sooo sorry to hear you were so sick. I hope you feel better today.
Hugs

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! That sounds awful! Thank goodness for Moms!

2:13 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Crappy! No pun intended. Hope you feel normal again soon!

5:05 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

oh wow, so glad that your mom could be there for you.
mine is 200 kilometres up the road, but funny, my girlfriends jump in to be "mom" for me when i need it.
i love that.
but i miss my mum and my auntie living close by X

1:45 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I so hope everyone is feeling better. And so glad your mom could come help you out...

10:06 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

That sucks! We got that last year, as well as our kids. Our whole house was puking and pooping like crazy. No family to help out either. It was a nightmare.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home