Friday, November 18, 2005

"It's A Beautiful Day"


Way back when the tickets went on sale. I tried and I tried. I spent hours hovering over the computer and had two phones going at the same time. As the website kept crashing, I took a last ditch effort and drove to the "Sports Experts" by the time I got there, there were only singles to be had. By the time I got to the desk the girl just laughed at me.

I felt terrible, as I was trying to get tickets for a friend as well. Which makes this just as hard. But, due to some friends of a friend having to attend to family business in Winnipeg, my dream has come true. Well, if you haven't guessed yet, then there is just plain something wrong with you (just kidding of course)! We are going to U2!!!!!!!

When they played Ottawa many years ago, I had to make a choice between a concert or a commitment to play at a concert. I played the cello, many moons ago and if I had gone to the concert, our Orchestra would have been down to one cello. It would have been very bad, needless to say, I got a very good mark. And I always thought I would see them again. I did have a ticket when they played Montreal in '87 or '88 (those years are a blur) but, my loser boyfriend gave/sold it to a friend. So, here I am at 35 more excited than I thought I would be to see a concert.

"U2" has always been my favorite band. John "Cougar" Mellencamp has been my favorite artist and I have seen him in concert (so far the best one I have attended). Bruce Springsteen was a runner up for many years and won the battle of second place after I saw him in concert while pregnant with "J". It was crazy as my vertigo had really taken over me, but it was a great concert and I felt like I was back in the '80's with the screaming chick with the big hair behind me. Now, I don't know if we will ever be able to top seeing "U2". I am afraid I might cry. I have been a faithful singer, oops, I meant follower since the '80's. I stayed tried and true, even when they were a little off in their path. When "J" would cry in the car as a baby, only U2 would calm him down and bring him peace (mostly the song "Grace" on the "All That You Can't Leave Behind" album). There was one trip with a girlfriend when both our kids were crying and both of us were almost there too. What did I do, yep you guessed it, put on a little "U2". They were asleep in minutes, it was great!

So here I sit at the crack of Dawn, excited as all can be, because I am realizing one of my Dreams. Silly eh?

8 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oh hooray, Anna! I'm so jealous!! U2 in 1987 was definitely one of the best concerts ever - you're so lucky!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH ANNA! I'm soo jealous! have a blast. I would cry too to see them. Cry a few tears for me will ya and then come over for lunch and tell me all about it...PLEASE???? begging on one kneee.

And that story about the 2 kids going home was from HERE right????huh? huh?
I remmeber that story.

LOL! have a blast.

Pouting in the creek!

8:36 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Indeed Sharon, that trip with the two youngsters bawling was from your plave, but U2 saved the day!!

Dani, so sorry that you arent' going to be there :( Here's hoping Santa finds you too for an early Christmas.

Anna - thinking this will be the best concert of my life, and I have seen the Rolling Stones too!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am giddy with excitement for you. They are one of my top bands of all time. I love them!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, I love you dearly but I'm so f...g jealous I'm boiling! All week I've been hearing stories about people getting lucky and getting tickets. One of my friends, get this, got front row seats and may even meet the band backstage. She also got last minute Rolling Stone tickets and was in the first few rows. OK, her hubby is really well connected in the industry. But it just makes me want to scream "no fair!"

Honestly, I'm also really happy for you as I know how much you wanted this but I can't believe that the Stones AND U2, my faves, were/will be here and I missed both :(((

off to listen to my CDs or maybe check e-bay...

pouting

6:44 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

TwinMom, I am so sorry that there were only two tickets. If I hear of any others I will give you a quick call.

I didn't see the Stones this summer, but saw their "Steel Wheel" tour years ago at the Skydome. It was great, a bunch of us at work (Cineplex Odeon) got tickets and were in like row 25!

I will be keeping my ears open.

Anna

8:38 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Saw them in 87, was terrific but seats were SO far away in Olympic Stadium and I was perhaps a little 'far away' as well thanx to something I ingested (oops?). Was a fabulous experience though, what I remember at least.

Have a fantabulous time!!!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
Intercounty health plan

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home