Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowed in Again.

Take note of the left swing...
The snow started around 6am this morning, but didn't get into high gear until the afternoon. I kept watching the swing in the back yard as it slowly got buried.

Note: buried swing...
My Sister and her family, thankfully, made it in Saturday night, they were delayed by two hours as the storm had already hit Toronto. But, with the storm today, we didn't get to see them. That and the fact that J has been fighting a fever for two days.
He had a break in his fever and we decided he should get some fresh air. He only lasted about five minutes but it was good for him to get out. I really hope that he is his old self tomorrow morning as he will be sad to miss gymnastics and his cousins again tomorrow.

And little Apple spent the day laughing at us all. I think she is the only one that wasn't affected by the snow storm. Being in lockdown here definately wasn't good for us big people, so much to do at this time of year. I think I used the time wisely, I got a few dozen cookies baked for Hubby's employees, finished J's hat that I was knitting and remembered to take photos all day of the snow.

I posted a few more photos on Flickr. Our tree decorating and the ornaments I received from Beanish. They are beautiful and look fabulous on the tree. I am having trouble getting a good photo of the tree as my flash is too bright and without it everything is jiggly, even with the broken tripod.

If it snows anymore we won't have anywhere to throw the snow from the laneway.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger familymclean said...

Wow, and I thought we had snow! Amazing, and beautiful!
Glad that J is feeling a bit better, seems something including this fever is circulating, I just hope it doesnt hit us, we have been sick enough!
Apple is so cute, great pics!

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a photo somewhere taken when we lived in Ottawa, of Troy standing on the sidewalk between our front door and the street, with snow piled up on either side of him as high as his shoulders--and he's pretty tall!

I hope it's cleared up soon so you can get all your Christmas tasks done and spend time with your family!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awww. Your baby's smiles melt me. She is SO adorable. have a wonderful Christmas.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

The amazing disappearing swing...

Poor housebound folks. I know that feeling--where just spending a few minutes in the yard counts as a sanity-saver.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Hubby was in Ottawa this week and said it was FREEZING! That snow looks pretty though. We got dumped on majorly here too.
Apple is so cute! She's getting big!

5:54 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

love your pics, we just have sunshine here lol...
i'm *snowed in* too cos The Sardine Tin (our car) has just died and so hubby is taking the other car to work...
yay, hols start tomorrow!!!
X

2:01 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

I am sure it's a total pain to deal with, but the snow is so beautiful coating everything known to man.

Hope you were able to see your relatives and J feels better.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow is pretty (for awhile ) anyway let's call you SNOWMAMA!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home