Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Blessed

Some mornings when I am up long before most people (today was 5am, unlike the last two mornings when it was 4:30am). On these mornings, I could definately be grumpy and miserable because I am lacking in a basic human need of sleep. But, I am not. This is the time that my little guy has decided to get up. It has been this way since he was born. Occaisionaly I catch a break, but for the most part it is in the 5am range. It is while we are spending this time together, eating breakfast, sitting by the fireplace (it is chilly today) sipping our coffee and juice, and watching fun cartoons that I am reminded of how blessed I truly am. This little person that sits beside me is such a hoot, with his own little personality and funny ways he has to have his blanket and juice tucked under his arm. The little stories he tells me, even though I don't always understand them, the way he plays nicely with our two big dogs, even though the rest of the day is spent torturing them. It is absolutely the best time of the day! I am truly blessed and I am truly thankful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Aren't we!

Great post ANNA!
Hugs
Sharon

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to that!

2:05 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I will never understand you early birds. In fact this morning, T woke up at 6:10, had to pee, went pee, and went back to sleep. I had to wake them at 7:45 in order to them dressed and fed and out the door by 8:45. I have a hard enough time dealing with them on the unusual 6 AM wake up we'll get...would have NO clue what to do if on a regular basis. I am pleased to hear that you are able to cherish the time so much, cause I am from the other side of the trax where I cherish the quiet and sleep too much.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm not a morning person, but I understand the love!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home