Saturday, September 10, 2005

Day of Hockey

Last year the oldest in our crew started playing recreational hockey. We totally support him as he took a giant leap. He went from never playing hockey on skates and only skating on ice five times to being an all star goalie! Both my husband and I agreed that he was pretty great, which came as such as surpise as he had not, in twelve years, shown any interest in sports.

As soon as he started playing and we started taking weekend trips to the rink, the littlest in our crew started picking up things and pretending to play. First, it was the duster, then came the teeny stick that arrived with Mr. Potato Head. We finally decided to buy some of those mini-sticks. We started with one, but it was no fun for Mom or Dad to use the duster so we now have three and a mini-net too.

Today was big boy sticks in the driveway while big brother and his friend played on the street. We had lots of fun and I have to admit that I never thought I would ever play street hockey with my kids, but here I am on a glorious September Saturday tired but happy from playing outside with my kids.

Happy Hockey Season!

3 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

So when the is the BeachMama season starting...OH I guess it has. I'm glad you had a blast I can see you all doing that. What a HOOT!

Great JOB COOL Mom
Sharon

9:35 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

:) We had another tournament today. I think we will be working on boards for the basement this winter though. As BeachMama has a hard time with the winter chill.

Thanks,
Anna

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home