Friday, September 23, 2005

Welcome Fall

It seems only fitting that for our first day of Fall our weather has gone from unseasonably warm to right on season. Although it looks like a balmy +25 or more outside, it is only +13. I thought I was being smart putting myself and my little guy in our clam diggers one last time. Then we headed outside, it was an about face for jeans and long sleeves topped with a little sweatshirt!

Summer is definately my number one season, but Fall comes a close second. I love pulling out the chunky sweaters and going for walks on a sunny day and coming back with cold red cheeks. With Fall comes Thanksgiving, always a special time for our family to get together. I do love the changing leaves, but being in a new neighbourhood our trees aren't in abundace yet, so I have to go for a walk in the forest to get the feel of a colourful Fall. Then there is apple cider or hot chocolate in front of a fire. Small pleasures really, but ones that I am grateful for.

So we say so long (can you tell I am watching Blues Clues) to summer for another year, and boy it was a good one. With record breaking temperatures (my favorite) and lots of sun and fun things to do outside, I can't complain about any of it. As Fall comes in and we make the change with the clothes and the linens and pull out jackets and mittens, I only ask for one thing. A long Fall. A Fall that stretches well into November with great days and cool nights and no snow until just before Christmas when the time is right to enjoy that too.

Welcome Fall.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Rigth there with you Anna...I love to wear jackets (fall) Jackets and boots...You know how I love my boots. and I love putting my flower beds to bed for teh winter and hoping most of the stuff comes up in the spring.

Hugs

12:20 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

What are the chances in hoping for a long fall that lasts until April?

8:02 PM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

I was just saying on Nancy's comments that I should read before I post -- I just wrote on exactly the same topic. And I feel just like you do - I love summer, but the arrival of Fall is welcome, too.

And can I say, I haven't heard the term "clam diggers" since high school - suddenly it's 1985 again!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site digital printing Cadence electric wheel chair Collection consumer debt right insurance Christian rehab wheelchair wheelchair alcohol reha Historical facts of the water filter invention Diploma in calculus distance education india Free+sample+of+contact+lenses Cr-v3 panasonic batteries currency trading Suzuki 500 quadrunner order ambien Credit card business model buy fiorinal online no prescription Coquette lingerie best refinance rate

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home