Monday, September 19, 2005

The Search is Over

Sadly, I must report that the search for Jennifer is now over. Yesterday they found a body. And I prayed with all my heart that it was not her. I prayed that she would arrive home last night alive and full of life. But, that was not to be. She was identified today. So now the search continues, for clues, for information, for reasons, for her killers.

It is such a sad thing, but I am happy for one thing. Her parents won't spend the rest of their lives wondering if she will walk in the door. They have her back and they can lay her to rest.

Although I did not know her, I grieve her loss. I greive as a Mother, as a Woman, as a Resident of her comunity.

My prayers go out to her family and to the Officers that will work hard to bring her killers to justice. My hope is that all parents that have heard of Jennifer, think twice before letting their kids walk home after dark.

Let her death not be in vain, let us all learn something.

5 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

I thought about you when I read about it in the paper, then heard the latest on the radio. I know your community all too well and can't believe that has happened. Hang in there and give your kids and extra hug, it has to help at least a little, no? Hugs.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH Anna...I was visiting a mutal friend when I heard this. I kept looking at her pictures thinking. Why didn't anyone her her? I kept looking thinking she looked like some friends of my daughter. I have learned and SHe will not be walking alone EVER. I will be with her. It makes me cry that this had to happen at all. Such a beautiful child.

Hugs Anna.
Love Sharon

8:21 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Pete, Thanks, it is just so sad.

Nancy, So many hugs.. my youngest eats them up and constantly asks for cuddles and hugs. My oldest, not so much, but I make him hug me now and then ;)

Sharon, Hold tight to your beautiful girl, and be sure she knows never to walk alone. (And if you were that close, you should have stopped for a cuppa, always one around :) )

Anna

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Best mercedes benz color Car alarm remote replacment inspirutual soccer quotes Aprilia scrabble dialup low price Broken car mercedes benz c43 amg 2b review Tv selector switch mercedes richelle glover Teacup and small toy poodle pups Window awnings by mail nikki benz nude benz forum Minnesota fishing outdoor magazines Remington 870 wood stock faq bontril 105mg Internet home business currency exchanging trading Shoe slots benz mercedes ml320 part

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read culinary school in atlanta ga general electric space saver washer and dryers Saab 9-5 wagon muffler Buy latico leather backpack Kia midsize suv

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home