Sunday, September 25, 2005

Recipe Sunday

One of the favorites with the Boys. It is quick and easy, and somewhat of a fall/winter before hockey dinner.

Sloppy Joe's:
1lb Ground Beef
1 sm Onion, finely chopped
1 can Crushed Tomatoes
1 tbsp Vinegar
2 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Prepared Mustard
1 tbsp Ketchup
Hot Dog or Hamburger Buns

1. In frying pan saute Ground Beef and Onions over medium heat.
2. Add the rest of ingredients (except the buns), stir and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick enough for your taste.
3. Serve on Hot Dog or Hamburger Buns.

p.s. Leftovers make great pasta sauce for another day, if there is left overs :)

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Yum - will do!! And I will share with others to wait impatiently for your curry chicken recipe.

7:56 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Did you not get the chicken curry recipe? Or are you waiting to come over so I can make it for you ;) Will post it if you need it again!

6:15 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Oh yes, I do have it and it is well used. Just dropping the teaser for everyone else. Did you get my email about the canned tomatoes question?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Yummm...Sound awesome and not from a package...may try this with my bunch.

And waht Chicken Curry recipe? I love Curry!

Sharon Off to Can tomatoes or make pasta sauce to freeeze.

8:28 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Nancy, I am thrilled that you enjoy the Chicken Curry! Sharon, you should have it too!

Oh yes, Nancy, I got your email. It is the large can of Crushed Tomatoes.

I am hungry again already and it's only 9:00am!

9:01 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Pete, you laugh, but I thought if I didn't say that someone would catch me on it, and well it made you laugh ;)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home