Monday, November 21, 2005

Santa is Coming to Town

This is definately the year of Santa. Not that it will be fully understood, but we will definately make the effort. "A" was shocked when I told him I never believed in Santa as a kid. We always knew what Santa represented and appreciated him, but we always knew there was no real Santa. I even have to admit that Santa has become more real to me as I have grown older than when I was a kid. Not that I think he flies around the world with toys, but the idea of Santa and the generosity that he gives. Although, if he really had a naughty or nice list, I do know there would be a lot more boys and girls out there that would be getting a lump of coal in their stockings.

Last week in the mall "J" was introduced to Santa, since it was the first meeting we decided to wait until this week to go sit on his lap and take a photo. Since the first introduction though, Santa has become a bit of a mystery. "J" is not sure what to make of him yet. A big guy who "Ho Ho Ho's". We are hoping to start the Santa comes if you are a good boy routine and carry it on into next year :).

This past weekend we took the boys to the Barrhaven Santa Clause Parade. Thanks to a little bit of snow, it felt very much like Christmas. We met my sister and her family there, so the cousins got to run down the toboggan hill, build snowmen and have snowball fights all while waiting for Santa to arrive. It was incredibly fun. The boys (even the oldest) waved at the floats, especially the firefighters, (who we get to see everyweek at the grocery store). Then came Santa! Well, sadly Santa was followed by another firetruck so he did not get the full attention that he deserved.

Next year, we may (weather permitting) head Downtown to the big parade! I can't wait already, but first we have to make it through our first visit with Santa at Bayshore :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Cool...You should take J to see the Snata at Place Olreans he has a real LIVE beard and is very cool. Nathan has been asking to go and see him but I haven't ahd the time yet.

I remeber when I discovered Santa wasn't real my MOM was sitting at the kitchen table after Midnight mass wrapping gifts when I was supposed to be sleeping. I remember how sick feeling I felt but that all went away the next morning. LOL!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I never got to believe in Santa as a child, but I do now. My daughters are so sure of it. And he keeps leaving his hat in front of the fireplace. Plus, he leaves notes back (after he eats).

3:44 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Ho! Ho! Ho!

He is so alive in this house, I love it.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always petrified by Santa himself as a child and felt relief when finally learned that he wasn't really for real. BUT I love the way my kids are so into it, teh whole magic of it.

Gotta vouch for that Santa at Place d'Orleans, he's just the best.

...gearing up for our annual "get dressed up and get our pic with Santa taken at the mall" event

12:06 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Sorry Pete :( He is real, but not real. I do hope to have J experience the wonder of Santa as it is one of those things I wish I had to remember from being a kid.

Thanks for the Place D'Orleans tips, the Santa at Bayshore is pretty great too. He has the real beard and everything and seems like fun. Will let you know how that turns out.

Anna

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Playtex full figure bras style 4100 Internet car insurance Lawsuit ritalin

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home