Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another Birthday of Sorts



Today is the first Anniversary of my very first post! Yes folks, it has been an entire year of me blogging. I can't believe it myself.

Introduced to blogging by Dani, I couldn't believe that this world existed out there. Then after a few months of reading and finding new blogs, such as, Ann's wonderful blog, and SAJ who inspires me daily both before the arrival of Baby Bug and now with beautiful baby in tow, I felt that I must start my own. If nobody ever read it that would have been fine by me. Some of my favorites have come and gone over the past year and every time a blogger hangs up their hat, I feel a sense of sadness and loss. Then, I remember that I am peeking into someone else's world and that they have a right to hang up their hat if they want to!

As the year went on so many of my real life friends started their own blogs too, Silver Creek Mom, Twin Mom, Nancy, The Emma Report and Northern Mom. There may be a few others, but either I don't know about them or I have early morning brain and forgot to include them here (if I did, it isn't on purpose and I still love you to peices!). As our kids get older we don't seem to be able to see each other as often, so it is great to keep up with each other in a newer kind of way.

In this past year I have also found so many new online friends that have touched my heart in one way or another, and for that I am truly greatful. Just to mention a few; Jo(e), Whoorl, Inconceivable, Kate5Kiwis, Pink Diary, Andrea and Chichimama. There are more places I drop by and visit now and then and I definately have to update my list on my site.

Somedays when I feel like life just sucks, I curl up with my warm toasty laptop and visit a few friends. It always, always cheers me up. J even knows that laptop time is Mommy time, he quietly plays for a bit or watches a show, then when my time is up I am refreshed and raring to go.

This blogging thing is definately a little different and I am by no means a truly eloquent writer. Well, I am some days, others, it is just my thoughts going on a page. And of course there are days when no thoughts come to mind and well, those days kinda suck. All and all I am truly proud of myself for sticking to it. I have a long way to go. Like Dani, I want to move to my own site so I have more control but, also like Dani, watching what Andrea is going through makes me afraid. Very, very afraid. In addition I can't computer draw worth a peice of salt and I want a cool looking site. I have been working on a masthead for months now (on and off, not every day) that uses photos, but I can't get it all to stick together properly. One day hopefully it will all come together, until then, I will just keep tapping away and hope that a few of you continue to drop by and amuse me.

Happy First Anniversary to me!

8 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Happy Anniversay Anna! Sorry it took me awhile to find out you were here.

But it's been a great year with you HERE and in life.

Love ya Chickie!

8:51 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

One year already! Glad to have found you here in blogosphere and totally enjoy reading about your world.

hugs

montsé

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year birthday to your blog. My how it has grown! I think you're doing a great job and I really enjoy visiting you and reading about your latest experiences. I hope you keep doing this for a long long time.

Thanks for the shout!

3:32 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

sheesh girl
i get a mention here ??
*blush*
i feel the same way you do: i started blogging
#1 because i was being so slack with taking photos of my kids (i have four years worth of undeveloped megatives under my bed. and i am *so* not a scrapbooker any more: been there done that..)
#2 i wanted to get to grips with my digi-cam and get over my techno-blondeness
#3 the online journal really appeals to me: i do have *books* where i *write* to my kiddos too.. now i can print out pages and photos and just stick them in

so, just fighting my laziness really !!!!!!!!

and now i'm an addict too lol
:o) happy blog birthday chick xx

5:24 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Happy 1st birthday!

Here's hoping there are many more :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Happy blogiversary!

5:50 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Happy blogiversary! So glad I found you!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home