Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Best Day Yet!

I know it is only 7:25am but, truly, I feel like this is my best day so far!

Two weeks after my surgery and my left stitch keeps reopening due to the fact that it is right on the crease of where I bend and stretch. After a tearful Saturday morning, where I felt the injustice of not only my surgery but the fact that I was not healing, we headed to the pharmacy to ask if polysporin was an option to keep the wound soft but healing. The pharmasist fully agreed and was rather surprised that I was not already using it. Two full days later, and I feel like a new woman! We were using some bandages at first that were pulling the skin, but now that those are gone, I fell fantastic. Hopefully I won't overdo it today, but it will be hard as I want to go out and walk, and walk, and walk....

I go to see my Dr on Thursday, hoping for an all clear for the ocean and my beach vacation (not that I won't go, but that I won't be able to sit on the sand and float in the salt water). Do you think he will give me an all clear to go surfing?? My little sis and I were hoping to go, until I got pregnant. Maybe there is a little surfin' in my not so distant future.

4 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

I'm glad to hear you are having a good day. I hope the healing continues.

8:18 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

I am confident you'll get the OK to hang at the bach, but I really hope you get clearance to go surfing!!

Glad you are feeling so much better.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nothing helps heal the MIND and the BODY more than a trip to the beach so I know your gonna get the ok. Surfing? Are you NUTS? Even NOW I would not vent to do that. LOL! Your one brave chicklet!

have fun and keep on healing.
Love
MOI

2:46 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Your trip to the beach sounds wonderful!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home