Sunday, July 30, 2006

Addictions

Bethany, over at Mommy Writer Blog, sent out a challenge. Well sort of a challenge, a sharing of addicitons. I thought it would be fun this morning to see how many addicitons I have. This could be very bad for me to realize what I am truly addicted to!!

- Starbucks, Chai Latté, no-fat, extra hot! It is sad really. Now that it is so close to my home, I have no real reason to drive all over town to find my favorite Chai!
- Sundresses. I have been buying sundresses for many, many years. Currently, I have a couple that are from my skinny days, but I love, love, love my sundresses. Everywhere we go on vacation, I buy a sundress.
- My Laptop, It is a Dell Inspirion 2200. I take my Dell with me everywhere. I am afraid to try an iBook. I fear I would love it too much and then, my addiciton would triple. I know that one day, if I keep up with my photography fun, I may have to make the switch, but for now, it is me and my Dell.
- My Cellphone. That one is a Motorola. I have had the same cell phone number for 14 years. Not many people know it, and it doesn't ring often, but I do not go anywhere without my cellphone. I truly can't believe I used to drive accross the country all by myself without a cellphone, today, I don't even go for a walk without it just in case something happens and I need to reach someone.
- Stationary. I have had a love for stationary since I was a little girl. Even with email these days, I still love stationary. Something about the feel and smell of good paper. And to sit down and write a letter to someone is really cool. Remembering to buy stamps is what gets me all the time.
- The Beach. It is wrong that I still do not own property in Rehoboth. I am truly addicted though. I spend all year waiting in anticipation for my next visit. I wish I owned some real estate so on a whim, I could take a drive down and hang out on my favorite piece of sand. I would take any peice of the ocean though, so if I can't make it there, I must see the ocean somewhere else.
- Martha Stewart Living. I don't care what anyone else says about Martha, I love her to peices. I love her magazine, and I still buy it faithfully every month. I take her ideas and incorporate them into my life. She inspires me on a daily basis.
- Friends. I watch it all the time. I have seen every episode and if it ever goes off the air, I will have to buy the dvd's so I can keep watching.
- Blogging. ACK!! I am sooo addicted to blogging, it is a good thing I am a SAHM. I would most certainly have gotten in trouble for blogging at work.

There, you have it. I can't think of any other addictions at this time, but that is a pretty good start.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Addictions,....I guess I only have one.

Timmy's Ice Caps with Milk. I'm always make sure Ihave some money on me for one.

I have to think about the others. I really don't have an addictive personality.

10:06 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Loved this glimpse of yourself.

Am still thinking of mine...

1:07 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ooooh
beaches and blue skies, sun and sundresses..
i am *so* j-e-a-l-o-u-s
coveting your weather, we have cold and grey here.
my current addictions?
espressos in paris (i'm not really a starbucks chick.. i make a better coffee myself lol), whole days at the beach, a good chicken curry, red red wine... (gosh, i'm gonna stop before i fill up your whole comments box..)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Rutgers university and phd on line Breast augmentation in gainesville florida http://www.bentley6.info/bentley-contenital-flying-spur.html apply credit card Balboa waterbeds mazda canada

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home