Friday, July 21, 2006

Acupuncture Update

I have been going to acupuncture for a few weeks now. And since I don't know what is normal, I am starting to get a little tired of needles sticking in my legs and not being able to move.

I have read that there are not supposed to be any side effects and it is not supposed to be painful. I beg to differ on both sides. The first visit was so painful, I thought at one point my leg was going to fall off. I guess it doesn't help that I do not like needles and can feel each and every needle sticking in my leg for an entire half hour each and every visit. After the first visit I couldn't walk properly for a full day and after each other visit I feel a little off for a few hours after. And by off I mean scattered in a should I really be driving myself home kinda way.

At my last visit the last needle hit a nerve. Yep, a nerve. The needle was on the outside of my ankle just above the bone, but it send a nerve in the bottom of my foot crazy. It hurt when he put it in, then stopped, then it hurt when he took it out. It was ok for a day but then, I was kneeling yesterday and the pain in my foot was unbelievable. Right now the nerve is throbbing accross the bottom of my foot. And my foot is resting up on an ottoman. Is this good? Should I be worried that the once best acupuncturist is getting a bit old and perhaps not as sharp as he used to be?

Oh yes and the herbal tea. OH the herbal tea. Made me so sick I had to request herbal tablets. I tried so hard to drink the stuff, but just could not get it down at all. Oh what we are willing to go through. And honestly I am not sure he was treating me for the right things. At first he was treating me for miscarriage, then I explained again that Hubby should go too, so he changed it up a bit. Hubby only has to drink the tea, no needles for him, typical. Anyhow, not sure about this whole thing. And just hoping to get some feedback before continuing on.

5 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Is that a common reactoin (pain?) to acupuncture? I only had it three times for a shoulder injury and it worked amazing. I don't recall ever having any pain as you describe.

I can only hope/wish/pray that this will all be oh SO worth it one day SO very soon.

As for the gross tasting herbal tea - toss it for a margarita!

9:28 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

imnsho a needle is a needle... anytime i prick my skin with a needle it h-u-r-t-s :o)
i agree with the margarita... but i tried a mojito the other day, it's the new way forward.

4:01 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Hmmm. I've never had acupuncture, but my friend the acupuncturist swears up and down that at most it should feel like a small prick when the needle goes in. Perhaps your should try someone else??? No real experience here, but it doesn't sound right to me.

6:51 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

oh the tea, I remember the tea, horrible, I would take a big gulp and then chase it down with a spoonful of brown sugar to rid my mouth of the taste. And hubby only got to take some tablets. My friend drank that tea for 3 months straight. she's my hero and also ended up with a 13 pounder baby boy!

As for the acupuncture, I had just a few sessions and it was fine for me at the time, wo who knows.

like nancy says: "only hope/wish/pray taht this will be SO worth it"

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home