Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ribs, Fountains, and a bit more..



We had the best ribs and pulled pork at the Rib & Chicken Cook-Off down on Sparks this weekend. Of course, I have been trying to get Hubby ( a rib lover) to go for years. Now that he works Downtown he finally understands why I love it so much. He had ribs for lunch on Thursday without me, so we had to go again on Sunday. It was so yummy, and we brought A who had pulled pork for breakfast (yes, he is truly a teen, slept in till noon!)



Here is one of my pictures from Friday, before the battery died. J loves fountains so this was the first one we visited. This fountain is located at the end of York Street. To the right is the US Embasy and the left is Stats Canada. I got the clock from Parliament in the background, which J loves, he is still singing the "Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong" song of the clock today.
I thought I would include a photo of me, yes, I am slouching, but A took my photo at the Cook-Off and I couldn't resist posting it. Most of the photos of my are taken by J in the wee hours of the morning, when I have just woken up. So I had to be thankful for a not so bad photo. And yes, that pulled pork was AWESOME. And it was soooo hot down there on Sunday, I am surprised that you couldn't see the sweat around my hairline, but it was so worth it.
And finally J at the fountain. I think I am going to make it a thing this summer to take J to as many fountains as I can. I know of a few more around town that we could go check out so it might be a fun project to work on. It would be a fun summer photo essay of J and the fountains.

*If anyone knows how to post a slideshow on blogger without using flicker, I would be forever grateful for the instructions :)

***Edited for Dani!! I knew that the fountain was in front of Revenue Canada, but somehow when I typed it, I thought Stats. And we did think of you when we were there!! Appologies.

7 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

What fantabulous summery pics...terrific!

What the heck is pulled pork?

11:04 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Oh yummm. Ribs and pulled pork. I wish it was a mealtime other than breakfast right now....

The fountain idea is a great one!

6:39 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Nancy, it is pork that is cooked slowly (not the rib, but a larger meatier part of the pork animal) so that it can be pulled apart in string-like pieces. The key is the sauce for sure. I prefer it as it is less messy and less fatty.

Here is a link: http://bbq.about.com/cs/porkpulled/a/aa080400a.htm

And Chichimama, I loved it, I am looking for a recipe right now to try for hubby :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

YUM...Sound wonderful. And Great shots my dear and SITUP STRIGHT. LMAO! I tell Mir that all the time.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Neumann Stephens said...

I didn't think you looked too slouchy - you were trying to eat the pulled pork without slopping sauce all down the front of you - I fully understand!

Looks like a great day! Hope there are many more like that this summer!

10:58 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I'm not a big rib person but taht pulled pork sounds interesting.

Great pic of you :) and of J too :)

Love the idea of a travelogue entitled 'J and teh Fountains"! Keep the pics coming!

12:10 AM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Hey, that's not Stats Can, that's my building!! I have lunch on those steps rather frequently...

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home