Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Welcome Summer

The summer solstice is here and it is such a bittersweet day.

I crave this day, to officially say that summer is here. But, now that it is here, it means that the shorter days of daylight aren't too far behind. And you know what that means.... white stuff.

Why I love the summer solstice.
I love that the days feel longer, even though there are still only 24 hours.
I love that it makes me want to sit outside and watch the sun go down at 10pm.
I love that it brings warm breezes and sunny days.
I love that we can sit outside without a sweater (most days).
I love the smell in the air first thing in the morning, the dew mixed with flowers, mixed with warm sun.
I love that I don't have to wear shoes.
I love that we cook mostly outside, and that there are few dishes to wash up.
I love the fresh fruit and veggies.
I love the sand that gets squished in between "J's" toes.
I love that "J" wants to be outside most of the day.

I am sure I can find more reasons to love the summer solstice, but that is enough for now. I am going to enjoy this longer daylight day. And I am thankful that the skies are blue and clear and that we can enjoy it to it's fullest.

4 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

I hear you on the BBQing (less dishes) and fresh fruit galore...but er, um, you forgot the margs, daqs, and all summery belnder drinks in between!!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Happy Summer Solistice.

Although I'm having a hard time getting Nathan into bed and keeping him there in the morning. Makes a grumpy gus.

8:20 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Happy summer solstice to you :)

love your list, all of it

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Neumann Stephens said...

Happy Solstice! It's one of those magical days that marks both the beginning and the end of something special. I'm sure we'll all be out late enjoying the sunset tonight.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home