Friday, June 09, 2006

A New Beginning

You are all going to think this isn't new, that I have been talking about getting into shape for months, but it is new for me. I have never gone to such extremes. Today, in about an hour, a personal trainer will be coming to my house. Yep, I am admitting I need help, outside help.

I have tried eating properly, walking everyday, lifting little weights while watching my favorite shows, supplements from the healthfood store (oh, I didn't mention that one, will be going back today to get my money back). And here I am the same lump of lump that I have not wanted to be for a long time. I hit my breaking point the other day when I put on a sundress from last summer, that although a little snug, was down right busting my chest. I know when my chest has grown that we need some serious input here (and no I do not like to be like certain celebs that pay for bigger busts, I like mine small, so much smaller than they are right now).

So I called up a wonderful lady that had an advertisement on her SUV in my neighbourhood, I would see her SUV when I walked my dogs and "J" every or almost every day. She also has a website, but I am hesitant to post it because she has gone back to her pre-Mom job as a Nurse Practitioner. If she gives me the ok later, I will link to her.

Although she is no longer helping women (mostly pre and postnatal, but I qualify as postnatal due to m y pregnancies last year) get back to shape on a regular basis, she was able to come over and do what I need her to do. Whip me into shape. She is going to go over the good, bad and ugly of why I am where I am and design a plan just for me, using what we have here at home. Once I have the plan, I will start to follow it and have her check in on my in a few weeks to see how I am doing. The goal is to create a plan that I can follow FOREVER. Aparently my body was happiest when I was slinging beer and not taking care of itself, we need to find a way to get it back in shape while eating as healthy as I do now, and STAY THAT WAY. Crazy I know.

Who would think that eating greasy restaurant food, drinking almost everyday and really truly not taking care of myself had me in the best physical shape of my life. Definately not me.

So, here "J" and I sit getting ready for a life change. He is all excited that Mommy will be using the basement for excercise, he has his own mini 1lb dumbells that we got him to work out with Daddy, so as long as I can keep him interested in working out or excercising with me then all will be well with the world. If not then, he will just have to go back to taking naps so I can do what I need to do.

I will take some before photos and one day when I am back in shape, I will perhaps post them for all to see, perhaps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH ANNA!

Your soo lucky...I owuld KILL for a personal trainer to help me whip my butt back into some sort of shape other than being a Soft lump of whatever that is hanging off me. I hate my mid section everytime I put on a shirt.

YOU GO GIRL! And if you need a pep talk I'm here.

GOSH. WOW. Jealous!

9:19 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Very very very exciting!! Good for you.

Does this mean I can have all of your candy swap goods?

9:33 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

You sound excited about your new beginning. If you keep this enthusiasm I know you will succeed.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home