Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"P"

Sing it with me...

P...P...P... on the potteeeee.
P...P...P... on the pottee.
If you go p p on the potteeeeee.
You're gonna get a "Veggie Tales Movie".


Since before we left for Regina we have been telling "J" that there would be no more diapers on our return. We waited until Saturday to put them away and spent the whole weekend washing clothes. "J" has sat on the pottee, but never managed to p. Except once and it scared him so much he wouldn't do it again. Yesterday, I used a diaper because he was up half the night with his heat stroke and I didn't want to stress him out while pushing the juice on him to rehydrate. Then, last night back to our special nighttime underwear (Kushies Trainers) and started in earnest this morning.

He woke up dry at 4:53am!!! And he wanted me up, so at 5:30am I got up and changed him into his underwear and started with the pushing to the pottee. He would sit, but nothing was a comin' out. He drank his cup of juice so I knew he was needing to go soon... I waited.... I waited some more. I got him on the pot and a few drips came out, so I cheered him on and he was able to get out a little squirt. He looked at me and asked, "Mommy, do I get my Veggie Tales now?" So, I said, "You bet you do, but the store doesn't open for a while so you have to keep on trying". I had to go for my shower and wanted to be sure he was empty so he got on the pot again, and well, he let it all go, singing his "P...P...P... song all the while".

We called all the necessary relatives and packed up for our trip to the special store that sells Veggie Tales. Where he proudly told all the girls at the cash that he went pottee this morning. "J" fell asleep in the car, clutching his Veggies, I can't wait for him to wake up and watch them. Now on to number 2 ;)

***correct spelling not used, just in case some strange google traffic should find us :)

5 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Way to go "J"!

One step at a time mom, one step at a time.

Great idea to say "no diapers" when we get back home. These transitions are always the best time to do these things. So stay true to your word. BTW, baby boy never peed sittin down, always standing up, the thrill of doing that is waht made him progress in his toilet training that much faster than baby girl.

1:12 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Yippee! Hope he keeps it up! A's turn is coming soon, after our vacation...

7:53 PM  
Blogger T said...

Oh yeah. I'm hoping to do the potty training thing with my 2 1/2 year old this summer. So Veggie tales is the trick hun?

9:14 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Hurrah! Sounds like you are on your way...hope it is a smooth (& dry) transition.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Hey Way to go J!

Nathan has had a week of good nights. He's been dry during the day for a long time but Nights we've had problems with. He went through a long dry at night and for a few months he wet he bed almost every night. No clue why.

Hugs

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home