Thursday, May 11, 2006

Does evey two year old have the stregnth of Hercules?


Or is it just my son and my nephew?

"J" and "J2" have definately gained some stregnth in the last month or so. Either that or I am way more out of shape than I thought. Lately the stregnth in the punches or kicks to the gut have gotten quite a lot more forceful. And don't get me wrong, I don't encourage the punches or kicks, but after almost two week with Opa wrestling. It will take me as much time to remind him that I am not a wrestler. And the worst part is that he wants to wrestle and punch when it is an important time to get ready. It occurs the most when we are getting dressed in the morning, and Hubby is waiting to say "good-bye" at the door. Or is occurs when we are in a time crunch to get our shoes on to go in the car. It never happens when we are just hanging out or playing in the backyard.

Yesterday, on a trip with my Sister to Costco, we found as the two boys were wrestling in the cart that neither of us could pull them apart. And when we did, the feet were flying so fast and furious that we were afraid to put them down for fear they would take off running.

To combat this, I have started a little weight training. I definatly am out of shape and need more stregnth if I am going to have to wrestle a small child, who really isn't so small. I do not want to find myself out muscled by a three year old when August rolls around. And hey, I could use a little buffing up anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

I think it's all two-year-olds. No point in ever getting into a battle with a two-year-old because the two-year-old will win every time.

I remember how wierd it felt the summer that my oldest grew nine inches -- he is almost a foot taller than me and can pick me up and carry me around the house. But luckily, seventeen-year-olds are more rational thatn two-year-olds. You can talk to them.

9:05 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

a little strength training doesn't hurt :)

and yes, they do get stronger and hearvier

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am doing my bodyshaping class on Mondays. Boy do I ever feel it if I miss a week. It really makes you realize that you're only making progress if you're doing it all the time. It's not about getting in shape, it's about staying in shape.

Moe

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home