Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Farewell Opa

Opa left yesterday at noon. Our house is now so quiet, there are no more newspapers lying around in neat piles to be read at different times. The tickle monster has gone home, the lions and elephants that can be found in sewer grates are no more. "J" somehow understood that when we left Opa at the airport we wouldn't see him again for a while. He hasn't asked for him since we left him there. We miss him already.

Now to keep ourselves further occupied we are preparing for our trip next week. The suitcases are ready. My list of things to bring has begun. The fretting over a solo airplane ride has imbedded in my mind. We need to bring a few treats for the neices and nephew, so those will be picked up in the next few days. I only hope that the weather is as nice there as it has been here. I have been enjoying the warm weather so much that it would be a shame to leave it behind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Sorry Opa is gone...just keep telling him to come visit.

WOW a trip to Regina...I've never been, I've been to Sasktoon though. Have FUN I'm sure things will be great.

Ann next Monday...Hummmm Have to think about this.

8:21 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Aw, glad you had a good time with Opa, sorry he is gone. But you have a trip to look forward to!

6:32 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I want more details about upcoming trip! What a great adventure you & J will have, and very special memories too.

I crave the thought of a solo trip with ONE preschooler, but I cringe at the thought of two.

11:46 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

waht great memories you've amde with Opa

have a geat and safe trip!! know taht camera willb e put to good use

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home