Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The New Coffeeshop

You know you drink way too much Starbucks when the "Baristas" at the newest location all recognize you from different stores.

Barrhaven's new Starbucks, complete with Drive-thru, opened on Friday! Hooray! I was one of the first customers, sad but true. On Thursday the paving crew was still paving, but on Friday when the umbrellas were up on the patio, I had to drive through the drive-thru just to see if it was open. I was greeted by a sweet and friendly "Barista" from the Hazeldean store, who recognized me and my sleeping beauty in the back. I got my usual, Grande Chai, no-fat, extra-hot and a chocolate chip cookie for "J". In addition I was awarded a travel mug and a sandwich, just for going through the drive through.

I quickly called my Sister, who was eagerly awaiting the opening, like me. She drove over with her two in tow. She got her usual, frappucino of the day, complete with chocolate chip cookie and her freebies.

I stayed away for the weekend, not wanting to get too excited about the new store, but my Sister did not, she went with my Mom, with her Hubby, and called me Monday morning to see if I was ready for another trip. Sure enough, "J" and I packed up and headed out. As we sat chatting the "Baristas" started trying to figure out where they knew me from. One worked at Hunt Club, one at Indigo Barrhaven and one at Chapters Pinecrest, oh yes and the one from Hazeldean. Needless to say, they knew me from their stores. We had a good laugh and I promised to frequent the store often and bring my other Sisters when they were in town.

Is is wrong, that I love Starbucks so much? I feel bad that I used to be such a loyal Second Cup customer but, since they haven't opened anymore stores close to my home. And the fact that some of my last visits were not so appealing. I even went for Starbucks at the Calgary airport over Second Cup!! Perhaps Starbucks will come up with a frequent customer program that will help me with my addicition, I mean habit, I mean love of all things Starbucks.

Thank you for opening a store so close to my home, excuse me while I pack up "J" in the stroller and head out for a Chai.

8 Comments:

Blogger Good Things I Find said...

You only go around once you might as well drink the coffee you like! Guilt free.

9:48 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

We have a drive-thru Starbucks, not really all that 'close' to home, but well worth the drive on some days!!

10:56 AM  
Blogger suze said...

they recently opened a starbucks in Orleans, not too far from my house. It was one of the happiest days of my life, I am not ashamed to say. i don't know what it is about that mermaid logo and her siren song, but I do love her so....

11:00 AM  
Blogger T said...

Mmmmmm coffee. Gotta go brew me a cup.

12:21 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

A drive thru starbucks??? You lucky lucky woman. We nly have a drive thru Dunkin Donuts. Not nearly as good.

1:31 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Within walking distance, how decadent!
Like Suze said, one just opened up in Orleans and I've walked there while the twins are in gymnastics :)

11:41 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Should I admit I went through the drive-thru in the pouring rain today? And another Barista recognized me... sigh, I never knew I was so famous ;)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I wish i had a starbucks...you'll have to drive me through the next time I'm over.

LOL!

OH and Thanks so much for lunch last week!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home