Monday, June 05, 2006

On the Run

I ran this weekend, well it was more of a light jog, but I ran all the same. It started out a couple of weeks ago when Hubby decided he was going to start training to run a marathon next year. I have heard this before, but will support him and go along with it for as long as it lasts, and he understands that. So this weekend, I went along (walking at first) with him on his third run. As he got ahead of me "J" started calling out for Daddy from his most favoured perch in the jogging stroller. Then, he started yelling "faster Mommy, faster!". So what could I do, I had to run.

I figured I would run for a bit, then walk for a bit, but to my surprise, without the dogs (it was raining) I was able to keep a slow and steady pace and catch up to Hubby at the turning point. I was not winded, I was not dragging my feet, I was running and chatting with "J". I hate to admit it but, it felt good. I used to run. I used to run every single day! I haven't run in about 16 years. This could be a start of a good thing. As Hubby doesn't run every day yet, we went for a fast walk yesterday instead, which is pretty much what I do almost everyday with the dogs anyway. We will have to see how this goes, since I can't lose weight any other way at this point in time, might as well strap on the running shoes and actually run.

Don't wait for me at the finish line yet, but do wave if you see my jogging by.

9 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Good for you!!!!! I am always envious of people who can run, it is such good exercise!

7:48 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

To echo chichimama - GOOD FOR YOU!!

You will feel so good about it all, esp. yourself.

Enjoy!

12:57 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

To re-echo: good for you!!! And keep it up while you're at it!
If hubby is training, why don't you join him? Aim for a race yourself, 5K, 10K.

Been doing a walk/run program for a while. I've never been a runner but I wish I was. So I'll try. Every September, I do a 10K our church organizes as a fundraiser. I've always walked it, am now aiming to run more in it. Maybe we can do a race as a group next year? Would be fun!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll run with you girls.. :)

11:28 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I knew that post would get you out Robin ;) If I can keep it up, I'll run with you guys for sure. I did an hour power walk yesterday and I hurt more today from that than I did from the run!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

WAY TO GO! Anna...That's funy cause we just talking about this together last week. Honestly I know I would loose weight oo and faster if I ran. BUT I'm soo heavy I'm afraid of hurting myself and I hate to run. I did alot of running in high school. hated it. USed tog et up at 5 a.m. and it was not nice at all.

BUT You can do it and I will see you cross that finish line!

And Robin will be behind you...

;)

8:24 AM  
Blogger T said...

Good for you! And great that you are supporting and encouraging your husband. If you bothe get in the habit you can keep each other going.

I don't think I could run. I'd be out of breath after a few seconds. I did bike to school with my kids today though. After I dropped them off the two babies in the bike trailer were pretty content so I went for about an hour ride. It felt good.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

You make me want to dig out the running shoes.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I good power walk will have the same effect as a run.. ;) Running just gets you to the finish line faster. LOL

Looking forward to running with you soon. ;)

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home