Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Movie Day

I am feeling uninspired this last few days. I think it is from spending so much time taking care of my sister and her little ones. The good news is she is doing so much better. Better enough, in fact, to go to a movie yesterday! I didn't think I could handle another day hanging around and the kids needed an outing too.

We met at the cinemas and unloaded the kids, waited in line for treats, got the boys off to the potty and settled in our seats. We chose to go see "Over the Hedge" again. I say again because "J" and I saw most of it in Regina, but "J2" had not. By the time the trailers were finished so was "J". He didn't want to stay anymore, and even being an Ex-Cineplex employee, I have to agree (just like I did when I worked there) that 25 minutes of trailers on a kids movie is a little ridiculous. I scooped up "J" onto my lap and there he sat for the entire movie. With about 10 minutes left the boys were getting edgy, so I pulled out my bag of tricks with suckers and fruit snacks and that brought us to the end. I enjoyed seeing the whole thing and it is really quite cute.

So for some excitement today we are heading out on a road trip ;). My Mom is off today so she can fill in with my Sister. "J" and I are heading up to Silver Creek Mom's place for a little playtime with others. "J" can't wait, but he thinks we are going on a hay ride again, maybe he will be happy looking at some cows? Either way it should be a fantastic day and hey... the sun is shining!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Good Things I Find said...

What a beautiful spot to visit on such a beautiful day.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

But wan't the hayride fun? Maybe another time.
I don't think Jo would sit at the theatre at all...Maybe someday

12:42 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a beautiful day to go see SCM, I wish I could ahve gone too but had to hang around with ther eno crew, sigh

would love to see Over The Edge but the twins aren' likely to sit through it, especially baby girl :(

8:23 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I have to take Nathan to see and Mir wants to see it took Maybe after Schools out I'll take them all. nathan Mir and T.

Thanks for coming over. It was so nice.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Neumann Stephens said...

We opted for "Cars" last night because we felt like we'd get more for our money with a longer movie. It was great, but 90 minutes (like OTH) would have been a better choice. We'll see it at the drive-in, I hope. Funny that I just happened to be writing on the same topic today.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home