Friday, June 09, 2006

I Just Had to Update

This morning went awesome. What more should I say?

Well my trainer, who looked so famailiar, is actually the cousin of a girl I used to work with back in my restaurant days. Kidding, no, I kid you not. Did the similarities end there? Nope not even close. She has a daughter, one month younger than "J". She conceived through ivf. She has just finished going through more treatments with no success. Does this all sound familiar? Can you believe she is like my twin, but in better shape and with brown hair?

I actually cried when she asked me if this was what I was looking for. I said, I should have called you last year when I first saw your car.

So here is the deal. She came in and asked me a gazillion questions about my health and fitness. She did suggest having some post treatment bloodwork done to make sure that my hormones didn't get way out of whack with all the drugs I did this past year. She gave me a sample menu to check out and follow. And it is a menu made up of pretty much things I have already in the house and eat normally, just a few changes and additions and I will be on the program.

Then we went for the workout test. She ran me through a sample of excercises to see where I was at and what she needed to set up for me. And truthfully, she thinks I am actually in pretty good shape! Just a little extra toning combined with a little less food and hopefully all will be well. All of the excercises she recommends actually don't even use the majority of equipment we have. Just a few weights, the stationary bike and my stability ball. Her plan is to create a program that can be done anywhere, anytime. In the half hour we worked she definately had me sweating though and I can tell you I only did one set of everything. The sweat will definately be flowing when I really get going.

She was so awesome, I am looking forward to our meeting next week already. I may have to pay her to stop by once a month to check on my progress so I can stay motivated. Oh yes, and "J" was thrilled to pieces to be excercising and has been begging me for about an hour to go for a walk. Does he not know I am exhausted from this morning and our walks for the last four days? Not to mention the rain.

**Oh and Nancy, no you can not have my candy, I need to keep my motivation for reward going :)

4 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Bummer about the candy.

NON-bummer about a great first meeting!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Great news beachmama! Firstly that you took the first step and contacted a personal trainer and secondly that you get along so well with her which is so important. She'll keep you motivated and focused and help you reach your goals and you'll feel so much better. Money well spent and its all FOR YOU! Quite a few of my friends have used personal trainers and they've had amazing results. Now I'm wondering how come I never used one myself...food for thought.

Very proud of you and ready to cheer you on ;)

5:17 PM  
Blogger T said...

Good for you! Definitely schedule her to come back to keep you motivated. You only live once. Make it count!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I"M Thrilled for you! Sounds like a great first meeting and she sounds perfect. I going to watch you closely and see how it turns out.

Hugs

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home