Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another Beautiful Day.. and Personal Trainers R.O.C.K

What a beautiful day. The sun was shining, it wasn't too hot for everyone (thinking baby) and we had another adventure to the water park. Only, this time my sister could come with us. She is doing much better and that meant getting out.

I packed up a snack/lunch and a beach blanket (otherwise known as a picnic blanket) and headed out for some fun. Although it was nice and warm there was a strong breeze that kept sprinkling us with water. Sending a little chill our way.

I am not sure the smile and fun can be seen on "J's" face, but he is so happy and excited that the water is jumping up through the grates that he appears to almost be flying.





Then to our picnic, we had great snacks, enough time for the boys to dry out and warm up. After the warm up they got changed and spent another hour playing at the sand park.



All in all, another great day at the water & sand park. Did I mention that it was FREE? Yes, indeed it is free. I mean our taxes pay for it, but there is no charge on a daily basis. That being said, on hot days it is packed. We will be there in the mornings mostly, I am sure.

Back home to get ready for my second visit with my trainer. For my first week, I followed her 1500 calorie per day meal plan. I don't eat that much food! I tried, just in case I was supposed to, but honestly it was just too much. I will continue to follow as best I can and to log my food for the next six weeks or so.

My routine was to walk, which for me is almost a run, at least 4 or 5 times a week and for at least 30 minutes. I was provided with a long program and a short program consisting of excercises that include weights, the stability ball and my floor mat. I did the long program (45 minutes) and the short program (20 minutes intense) once each as I knew she was coming today and I would be working out with her. Both programs are tough, but I made it through two reps of everything.

For my first week, I lost 1lb. At first I was feeling glum about that, but then I realized that one of my skirts was feeling better on me, so that wasn't so bad. My trainer actually told me I did great, she expected me to gain about three pounds as I was gaining in muscle. She also brought me some awesome resistance bands, giant rubber bands with handles. Oh how I wish I had bought some of these years ago. She ran through about 10 excercises that work the whole body using the resistance bands. I love them. And I invited her back in six weeks. I figured that six weeks was a good time frame to establish my training and see some results. And that would keep me motivated to continue for at least another six weeks.

6 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

1500 calories? That's my lunch!

Good for you!!

That water park sounds amazing. We did the picnic lunch thingy today too. We went to a park with friends, we were there for 4 hours. It was so great.

11:48 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Can we go to that waterpark together one day? Looks great.

Congrats on week one of your program for teh New You. Keep it up.

As for 1500 calories, wouldn't be a problem for me to consume that in one sitting ;)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I used to visit the waterpark when my girls were younger. Always a great time!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a good time all around, with the exercise program and the park! I wish I had your willpower to excercise. I do not have one iota. Keep up the great work.

Donna

8:56 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

You may be inspiring me to get a personal trainer. I am in a rut and can't lose a pound...

Again, I am soooo jealous of that water park!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Hi
Just came across your blog and had to send a note. Great to hear other mum's stories of thier days, especially all the way ovee there. It's good to know other mum's love thier job as much as i do.

And the water park looks ace.
charlie

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home