Friday, June 23, 2006

Pictureless post

I set out on an adventure today. I had to take Hubby to an appointment and then drive him to work. My plan was then to head over to the market and pick up a few fun things and take some photos of the great architecture, vegetables, people, fun stuff.

"J" and I were having a great time. I started taking a few photos. Found "J" his first water fountain. I promised he would see a few water fountains and clocks. He just loves the "Peace Tower" so he likes to see other clocks Downtown as well. Which is another cute thing. He used to call it "Treetown" until last week when he switched to Downtown. Anyhow, back to my story. So I was taking some photos, got to another great site, then ...

... my battery died.

How sad is that?? I had this whole morning planned all week long. As the battery on my new camera has never died before, I had no idea that when the battery looks like you have a quarter left, you only actually have 1/16th left. And then without flashing lights or much warning whatsoever, it just stops taking photos. So needless to say, I will have to return again to have my photo day.

I did just remember though that I took a few last Friday when we met Hubby for lunch, so I will post one just so it looks like I was Downtown.














Are these two of the most touristy photos of Ottawa or what? We were pretending to be tourists for a lunch hour and walked around Parliament. "J" loves the "Peace Tower" and the "Eternal Flame".


It was great to be a tourist for a day.


p.s. the scaffolding is there to set up for the "Sound and Light" display and "Canada Day".

5 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

You live in one of the bestest places to play tourist in your hometown.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

During cycle number 2 I played tourist and even got on one of those double decker buses!
It was a blast.
Glad you had fun..and sorry about the battery....

5:33 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

my camera's battery does that too, dies with little warning arghh :(

One early morning last fall, I had to go downtown to renew something or other and was done surprisingly quickly. Instead of returning home to chores, I walked over to parliament Hill and next thing I knew I followed these French tourists on a guided tour of teh grounds around the parliament buildings. Very informative and so much fun to play tourist for a few hours.

Thanks for reminding me of this and will make a point of going with the kids this summer.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Neumann Stephens said...

Love the thought of you being a tourist. It was one of our favourite things to do when we lived in Ottawa for 2 summers. When living in such an amazing place, it's easy to forget how much it has to offer. We often did a quick tour of the photography museam (it's free!) while out at the market. Great pics!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home