Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And the swimming begins

Almost two years after J last loved swimming, he is back in the pool.

This past Saturday we went on a trip to my cousins, close to Montréal (Nancy, I say close, because if I had been closer I would have stopped for coffee, but alas, I did not make it close enough to your place). There were about 50 people, more of which were kids playing in the inground pool. J kept saying he wasn't going in, so Hubby sat on the edge splashing with him. I went in and pulled some of my younger second cousins around the pool. After about 20 minutes, J decided he was going to go swimming.

That was Saturday afternoon, he has barely been out of the pool since. Sunday we were in and out all day, to the point that I was exhausted. Monday after supper we spent an hour in the pool. And today we have been in and out. Hubby keeps saying be careful what you wish for, I am just thankful he wants to go in now! I don't mind playing out back and going swimming.

We have a suit with built in floatation device, I used that today when my girlfriend brought her little girl swimming. That way I knew if I had to grab the other baby, J would float while hanging onto my arm. His suit, which we call the "Superman Suit", is made by Ironman. It has a full chest and back built in floatation as well as a ring around the neck. Although I would never in a million years leave him alone, etc. it is good to know he can float in it, which he does very well.

Sorry if you don't hear from me everyday this summer, but we may be a little busy out back in the pool. Marguerita, por favor!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Good Things I Find said...

We are having such wonderful swimming weather! Enjoy!

4:28 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Enjoy! Sounds lovely...ah, cool water.

4:44 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

oh what a fabulous picture.. looks like you're having sooooo much fun.. happy days xx

8:11 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Hooray!!! And yet another fun thing to add to your summertime agenda.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Great fun. Nathan won't go in the pool outside at all. WHich is no fun at all.

OH well he rather play with cars.

Have a great summer and maybe we can margirita together.

;)

8:32 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Aren't those suits the best. We had similar ones which were a godsent for me to go in teh pool with the two of them together. And glad to hear J loves the water now :)

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home