Friday, July 14, 2006

Batteries and all that fun stuff...


How is it that a child gets to a certain age and knows which toys need batteries and which don't?

The batteries in the toy hand saw have been dead for months, and I mean months. All of a sudden this morning J comes to me and says, "Mommy, these batteries are dead, I need new ones". Now I am sitting here trying to think of something clever to blog about but, all I hear is a hand saw trying desparately to cut through the glass on the patio doors. Oh the pain in my head.

It seems the closer we get to J's third birthday the smarter and older he seems. Every day is filled with a new expression or interest. And I realize more and more that he is just getting older. That although I will call him my baby forever, he is not in fact a baby anymore.

As I cried in frustration yesterday, J came up to me and said, " Mommy, after I go potty, I will cuddle you and you will be ok." How is it that he just knows a cuddle and some cute words from him will be all I ever need? Then of course, I started crying more because he is just so cute and loving and growing up.

Can he stay a baby forever? Or at least a few more years?

6 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Same here! I recall being floored the first time they asked for 'new batteries'.

He is growing up, but you will be able to savour and love him in so many other ways, on top of the ones you already do.

J sounds like a super sweet growing up little boy, he could give my monsters a lesson!

8:46 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

He sounds like such a sweet kid, savor these moments. Four is equally cute and smart and precious though. So you have a few years ;-).

Hope you are feeling better today...

9:07 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a sweet, sweet boy you have beachmama

yes he will grow and keep amazing you

11:50 PM  
Blogger Ann D said...

What a lovebug your little guy is.

Hope your head feels better.

Ann

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home