Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Happy Sad Day


I think I neglected to mention that my Sister who lives in Regina decided to make a surprise summer visit. In the end I was not surprised as I hate surprises and because I had surgery she didn't want me to bust open my stitches. She arrived last Thursday afternoon with her three kiddies in tow. My brave, brave Sister flew solo halfway accross our beloved country with a preschooler, a toddler and a four month old baby, just to see her Sisters.

I am thrilled and happy today because I have a week worth of awesome memories and photos to erase the bad memories of my surgery and near death experience. I am also so sad because as I type they are already in Winnipeg on their three hour layover.

Due to my lack of mobility I was able to host my family almost everyday. Nothing makes me happier than to watch three cousins who love each other so much play on our play structure, in the sandbox, in the pool, outside in general. Then, every single toy in our house was played with. J even broke out his baby toys for Babies A & N. Makes all those days when not a toy is touched worth it.

My nephew L has been terrified of our dogs since he was a wee one, but this week he broke through! He fell in love with Mickey and his blue eye, he cuddled with Cosmo in the halway. It was great. Even my Sister with her million allergies was able to cope with a single pill. My surgery made them all have to deal with the stuff that used to seem too hard to deal with and now, my house is on the top of the list of fun places to be!!!

We also had an impromtu birthday party for J & J2 so that their cousins could participate. The birthdays are this coming week but we wanted the cousins to be here for the fun. They played games had cake and had fun loot bags.

I'd like to say this was the best week so far this summer, but with my surgery, it could have been better. My Sister was happy though because it meant she got to rest while her kids played instead of visiting a million people. Today will be a lonely for J but, he has a week load of memories to pull him through until Christmas.

9 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Great great memories for you all. I love the pics, they really say it all.

10:03 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a wonderful loving family you have, looks like fun was had by all!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

You look awesome! Glad you had a great week!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Thanks NorthernMom, you might be mistaking me for my sister though ;)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

Nope...you'd be the one right in the middle!!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better - That must have been so scary. I love that photo of you and your sisters. you seem to have so much fun together! I want that so badly for my own kids when they grow up. Any helpful hints on that front?

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures Anna, the bond in the picture comes through more clearly than any words ever could.

9:48 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

yes, l-o-v-e your photos... you have a million fabulous memories here. glad to hear you're recovering babe... take it easy :o)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home