Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I have absolutely no excuses left.

To not stay in shape or get out for a walk. Finally, after much search and debate we went with

a Vision Fitness Treadmill. We had another in mind, one that Beck had asked about. But, we happened to stop at one last store on Saturday. The sales guy was good, very good, we told him we had one in mind that was a bit cheaper. He suggested we stop by the next weekend as they are going to be having a big blowout sale. I suggested that he let us know the sale price, because we were heading over to pick up the other one. He gave us the price. We are soooooo happy.

Hubby is still in training for his marathon. He will be running the half-marathon in Ottawa on Thanksgiving Monday. I am, well, just in training. It will take some getting used to walking fast inside, but so far it has been fun too. And when you get off you still feel like you are moving for a few minutes so it is kinda freaky. I have to alternate between outside walk and inside walk. I love walking outside seeing the sights and taking the dogs for a stroll. But, J is getting a bit weary of going in the stroller, so it is harder to go for such a long walk these days. And of course, the treadmill just makes going in the basement lots of fun for J. He runs around while we are on it and yells, "faster, faster", yeah right ;). I did push myself so hard last night that I brought back an old running injury that I haven't felt since I was running and that was years ago.

All in all, we are very pleased and are considering family memberships ;)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you credit. I can't run for beans. It gives me a headache.

5:54 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

That's the one I want! I want to hear all about it once you have used it for a few weeks...

Enjoy!

6:00 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I would love to see your dogs running on it!!

That or you can make your own family version of the OkGo video.

Great purchase!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Hey Nancy, we have the same treadmill as those guys in the OkGo video, we were killing ourselves laughing while watching it on the weekend.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH I love that Video! laughed my fool head off and then marveled at how someone could come up with that idea.

Good for you ANNA. I'm still waiting for curves. I guess I'm gonna need to get a job if I'm going to go at all.

Kudos to you and Hubby.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the new treadmill.. You will love it. We have had ours for a little over a year and use it all the time.. ;)

I'm also running the same 1/2 as your hubby. So I guess I will see you there.. :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

The housework will always be there waiting for you!

9:19 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

enjoy your new treadmill! I'm actually re-acquainting myself with mine ;)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home