Monday, October 23, 2006

The colours of my world

Are finally on my walls!!!! After a marathon painting weekend, for Hubby that i,s and a half marathon for me. We are now staring at Platinum and Toasted Wheat. Platinum is a warm beige that we picked out of our couch. And Toasted Wheat is darker and contrasts the Platinum. As I sit here and type I feel comfy and warm just from the walls, and this is only the family room.

The living room is straight Platinum that will be accented by the Vintage Claret that is still in the can waiting to adorn the dining room. I am taking a chance at painting all four walls red, but I think it will be gorgeous when it is finished. Our furniture is very monotone, being beige and black toile. There are red accent pillows, so I pulled the vintage Claret from there and bought a candle for the dining table with the same colour.

The kitchen is going to be Manchester. It is a grey/green that we had in our old house. I just loved it so much, I begged Hubby to use it again. I think it will pull some colour out of our black faux marble print countertops and make our backsplash perk up a little bit.

I have been beggin Hubby to paint since before we moved in here, and I am so thankful he finally agreed. He is so happy with the transformation of the house and I finally feel like it is truly our home now, no more nasty builders paint and scratched up walls that couldn't be wiped or touched up.

Hopefully a few more colours for upstairs and we will be rolling along...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh. Nice choices! Isn't new paint great? I love it.

6:34 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

babe
you're not going to do that "let's paint the house and then move..." thang are ya??
it sounds gorgoeus. all those *warm* colours...

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want to see pics of the room! Congrats on getting it done!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Your gonna LOVE THE RED! I was worried about mine and but I love it and Still love it 3 years later. It's soo me. I can't wait to see it all done. And whenit is I'm coming over for Tea.

Hugs

10:34 AM  
Blogger STAG said...

Hmmm. When I was MUCH younger, I decorated the walls in "cream of wheat". Then, when I got out of my high chair, I tended to decorate it in "black fingerprints". Now of course, the walls are painted in claret, but that is because I trip over the throw rug with a wine glass in my hand.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home