Friday, October 06, 2006

The Perfect Black Dress

How is it that all things perfect, just have to be out of range? The price range that is?

Hubby and I are going to a wedding this Saturday and I needed a new dress. Yes, folks I NEED a new dress. I do have a few summer ones that fit well, but fall/winter, I have none. All my stand bys were great pulling on, until they reached my chest area. Then, yikes, no zipping up over those suckers. It would seem as though all my struggles this past year has led these puppies to gain an extra size. While most women pay for them I would like a full refund. So, off I went shopping.

I found two dresses. One at "Tristan" and one at "Femme Carriere". Although I liked both alot there were two distict differences. The one at Tristan was a V-neck and $65. The one at Femme was a Crew type neck and $295. Of course I bough the one from Tristan.

A nice slimming V neck that hangs to just at the knee. I have the option of buying a jacket to go with it, but since it is not necessary I will hold off. If I were still working in an office I would not have hessitated as it is the perfect black suit with the jacket. That would have brought the total to $175.

The one from Femme was cut at the neck with a few gathers, thus making my already large chest look larger, but in a pretty kind of way. The dress slimmed to the waist, with a darling belt with a bow. And it felt soooooo goooooood. It was THE perfect black dress.

The difference in quality did not go unnoticed. The Femme dress hung perfectly without showing a panty line or a bra line, and it hugged my curves, not buckling in the back at all. I felt like I could be Audrey Hepburn. The Tristan dress, although lined, buckles a bit and I had to pick up some no-see-um underwear, bringing the total of the dress to $120.00, but I can wear the underwear all year round. I don't quite feel like Audrey Hepburn, but I do feel like BeachMama all dressed up. So, BeachMama I will be.

But, I really wanted the other dress. Perhaps in another few years when my days of working at home are done, I will buy that perfect dress. For now, I am happy with the other one and I hope that I will look as good as I feel in it.

4 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Enjoy the wedding! I am in desperate need of a new little black dress. I'm so jealous! Even if it wasn't the one you really wanted...

2:30 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Enjoy the wedding! I am in desperate need of a new little black dress. I'm so jealous! Even if it wasn't the one you really wanted...

2:30 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

You shouls have bought the other. I'm sure would have never thrown it away since you loved it so much but...

you did the same thing I would have done.

Sigh we are such mom's. How was the wedding? Hope you had fun.

5:02 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

LOVED reading all about your new LBD and the wedding post too:
but did i miss something???
there's NO PHOTO *yet* of you in said dress !!!!
go on girl, post one ;o)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home