Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Tale in Words

Can you tell I love California? Can you tell it was the best trip in the world? Can you tell I want to move my entire family to San Diego? Yes, Yes and Yes. Overall, best trip ever.

The only real downside, besides leaving, were the flights. I have travelled many times and this was the first time I really wished we had flown on a Canadian airline. I really appreciate Canadian travel now, much more than I ever did before. First there was the "no liquids on board" which meant with our delay out of Ottawa, that J had not had a drink for 4 hours. He was begging the stewardess for juice. By the time we headed home, we were allowed to purchase liquids on the other side of security, like we could have done if we were travelling domestic. Then, there was the "First Class" issue. Since we don't have "First Class" anymore in Canada, it was strange to watch these people turn their noses down at us when we were getting ready to preboard with a toddler. I was used to this preboarding we have here in Canada, but no. There is no preboarding in the US, just First class and the rest of us. Then there was the fact that the three of us weren't together. J and I were, but Hubby was rows behind us. We were able to ask people to move for us, but the lady at the desk who asked Hubby to move for another couple wouldn't ask our guy, because he was at a window and he probobly purchased the window. When the man saw a crying J he willingly gave up his seat so Hubby could be with us. I did not feel badly in the least as J cried for the first 20 minutes (Hubby wouldn't give up his window seat) and the other man slept the entire 4.5 hours.

So airplanes aside. San Diego is beautiful, gorgeous, clean, attractive, everything you want in a visiting city. Everything I dreamed of when I dreamed of visiting California. J called the palm trees "Chocolate Trees" ala Dora for the first two days and then he realized they were palm trees. And he loved them so much.

Hubby had a work aquaintance in San Diego, so this kind Gentleman and his Wife took us on a 7 hour tour of San Diego and a deliciously wonderful brunch of seafood. We started at Loma Point, to see an old Lighthouse, right up J's alley. We could see blue water as far as the eye could see, and a gorgeous view of San Diego. Then, hungry that we were we went for brunch. Then, we headed north along the coastal highway to see all the beaches, Mission, Pacific, Torrey Pines (stopped in at the golf course, just to say we did), La Jolla, and Del Mar. We headed back to the downtown to stop and look at the Star of India (tall ship), went on a tour of the ship used in Master and Commander, and toured a Former Russian Submarine. His friends called it the "nickel" tour, we called it the million dollar tour.

That was Sunday.

Monday, I went shopping in a cool, funky, outdoor type mall. It was like our indoor malls, but with no roof. And it had all my favorite stores that we don't have here. I had already spent a small fortune on our last vacation, so I picked up a t-shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch and some stuff at Bath and Body Works oh yes, and I cannot forget my two new bras from Victoria's Secret. Monday afternoon was spent with a friend of whom I have known for at least two or three years, but never met. She joined me with her two beautiful girls at the Beach. J loved playing with her beauties and the five of us chatted and soaked in some sun. It was fantastic and great and I could not think of a better way to spend a day on a beach in California.

Tuesday my same friend took us to the San Diego Zoo. The one thing I promised J was that we would go to the zoo. The kids did great. Walking for about 2.5 hours before we stopped for lunch. Then we went on a bus tour so we could see some of the animals we missed. Definately could have gone back for another day so J could see everything. She was the perfect hostess and her beautiful girls were so welcoming to J, we just had the best time. Tuesday night, Hubby, J and I went to Old Town for some real Mexican supper, and a walk through the old buildings.

I have to admit that if it were not for my girlfriend, I would have probobly found an excuse to stay at the hotel and sit by the pool with J all day. The highways were kinda scarey. Not once you knew where you were going and stuff, but when you had no idea, yikes. Five lanes merging and nobody signalling, in a rental car with a mirror stuck in the middle of the windshield was enough to make me want to cry. Add to that the fact that it was an automatic with no guts, ack.

Wednesday Hubby took the morning off so he could see the beach, but it was cloudy until we got back to the hotel, so we went for a swim before heading downtown to his conference. J and I walked around all afternoon, checking out the downtown core and the Gaslamp District. When Hubby was done we went to the Seaport Village and walked around some more. J and I got lots of sun and loved every minute of our trip. I only wish we had just had a bit more time to show hubby all the wonderful stuff we got to see too. But, there will have to be a next time, so we can drive up the coast to some wine country ;).

Then we flew home and have missed the beach ever since.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Now you know where you and hubby will retire too.

;)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

Sounds like a great time! I can't believe how much you packed into 4 days! The pics are awesome!!
Barb
Jealous that you met the 3 beauties from CA

5:36 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

と.「しょうがないね!あの男はクールでか [url=http://www.christinsaleonline.com/%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%83%84-c-2.html]ルブタン ショートブーツ 激安[/url] くない、私たちも帰ってい行きましょう!見 ら味わう.時どうしてこんなに非情間ハエ迅 [url=http://www.christinsaleonline.com/%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%83%84-c-2.html]ルブタン ショートブーツ 価格[/url] やってみなくてはどのように知っていて、私 采诗!彼女蜋斨の後ろに退去、目を光らせて [url=http://www.christinsaleonline.com/%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%83%84-c-2.html]ルブタン ショートブーツ アウトレット[/url] 談.彼は彼女に彼の体をさらう住んでいるし

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home