Thursday, October 05, 2006

He Did It!

And so well.

Our first day of Duffer Doo was the biggest breeze so far. J told me before we even got there that I was not to stay with him. I agreed, of course, and told him he would go with his teachers and do fun things for a while and I would be there when class was over.

We arrived at the Community Centre and J was gone. Taking Miss Paula's hand and walking away from me. Full of smiles and wonderment. He did come back to the door twice, but Miss Paula took him back in and distracted him with games and toys.

I did not cry. I am so proud of J and myself. Both of us acted like we should.

Now, I do have to admit that I never left the Community Centre. It wasn't my fault. J2 would not go in. My poor Sister. He went last week for half the class, but this week he wouldn't go. Then, he made it in only to turn around and start shaking when they went into a different room for circle time. That was it, he was done. My Sister went to change Baby A, so I gave it a go. I had him in the door, then a girl came and stood looking at him, he was done now for sure.

J was devistated that his cousin didn't make it back into class. He was quite worried about him. At the end when they are in their last circle time, the doors are opened and the kids names are called according to their parents and as I was right there J came out first. Only, he didn't want to leave. I was so proud of him for taking his mat back and saying good-bye to his teachers.

My little boy made it through his first day of school. And so many more to go.

4 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

way to go J, what a big boy you are!

(no doubts in my mind that he was going to do OK)

and congrats mom too ;)

10:54 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

hey, beachmama, i saw a funky platter in my fave store in town:
*life is good at the beach*
and i thought of YOU!!!!!
lookin surfy, feelin FUNKY

congrats to J too xx

7:15 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

RIGHT ON. I knew you both could do it. I can feel for your sister. Nathan would have done the same thing at that age. NOW he's off and running and talking to any of the adults at school. Happy as a clam and that makes me tremdously happy!

Hugs

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first day is always the hardest. That's so great that he did well!

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home