Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Another First

Today is the day. J's first day of Duffer Doo. Duffer Doo is a preschool program run by the City. My neice went and loved it. J2 had the first day last week when we were in California, and even he didn't cry.

So, "today is the day, we are off to great places, so get on your way" Dr. Seuss.

I am nervous as a wreck. I have never left J with anybody, but my immediate family and here I go entrusting him to someone I don't know. I have met both teachers, it is only two hours, but my belly is in a knot.

J seems quite ok with it. He knows that I won't be staying, although I will probobly be in the lobby today to keep my Sister company or at the very least on a bench in the park. I will gradually work my way home, which is only around the corner. In fact I can see the building from my back windows.

ACK! Two hours without J, what on earth am I going to do??? I can do it, millions of Mom's out there drop their kids off every day, I can do it.

Will let you know later how it all went.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

You can do it. They have to start sometime. AND J is one social and smart cookie and he will be fine. I know he will love it. If I didn't have a class at the school today I'd drive up and take you for a coffee. You know what I found made it easier was seeing how much they do LOVE IT. And if they are ahppy I'm happy.

You know no one told us it would be this hard when we had them. Who knew?

8:21 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

O.M.G. You are SO gonna soon come to LOVE those 2 hours. I was hesitant and sad and scared just like you when we started, but it all works out very very very very nicely.

12:15 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I hope it all went OK. And you will grow to love it. I couldn't stand to think of C doing things withuot me at school, now I kick him out the door (just kidding, but really, he loves it so much, I couldn't NOT send him!).

8:35 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

SOOO....How did it go?

How did you do?

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home