Friday, December 29, 2006

Expensive Sports

What ever happened to good old running? Running used to be strapping on whatever running shoes you owned putting on whatever track pants or shorts that were in your closet and going out for a run.

Ever since I Hubby and I have been together he has not had an inexpensive hobby. And all his hobbies rotate regularly. Golf, Salt water aquariums, music (guitars, guitars and more guitars), mountain biking and the list could go on. This year it is running. On the one had, I love it. He is getting into great shape and is committed to running a marathon in May. But, honestly the cost of running is killing me. The shoes, the shorts, shirts, and water belts this past summer were huge. Now that winter is setting in, the pants, more shirts, jackets, special underwear, socks. Unbelievable. I just never thought that running could be just as expensive as golf. And really, the underwear? They were more expensive than my Victoria Secret Bra, and I wear it almost every day.

So, there is my rant for today, expensive sports. Don't even get me started on the hockey gear for A. Ack!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I don't participate in any kind of sports or excercise! LOL! Oh wait, is shopping considered a sport? Darn!

3:20 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I feel your pain Beachmama...your husband and mine seem to have the same hobbies and, alas, the same inclination towards all the expensive paraphernalia that comes along

1:42 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Ha! I thought the exact same thing when hubby got outfited fro winter running. Now ask me how many times he actually went running outside last winter...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home