Saturday, December 30, 2006

Let it Snow!



As much as the no snow and warm weather has been great it just wouldn't be winter without a little fun in the white stuff. We got a little the other day, enough to build a snowman. J's first. And this morning we have woken up to another dusting that is quietly covering the ground. Some of the outdoor rinks are almost ready and if we get enough cold nights (ten, I think is the magic number) the canal might actually open for skating this year.
Christmas was strange with above average temperatures and no snow, but New Year's looks like it will be typical. Snowing and cold, perfect for putting on a dress and heels (not that I have done that in a couple of years, but I do remember those times).
Coming up soon, the list. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but, I do make a to do list of all the things that need to get done that have been driving me crazy. It is already big and it isn't finished yet.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be so nice to have snow for the holidays! I think we may have to spend Christmas somewhere else next year to experience that!

7:49 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

We had fun in the snow too!

10:28 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

What great timing for the snow to arrive. We had loads of fun making snowmen, setting up the skating rink in the backyard and cross-country skiing today too :)

1:40 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

How lovely. Sigh. I don't think we will ever get snow here this winter. Which is a good thing I guess, since it means I won't have to shovel two driveways, but still!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home