Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A BeachMama Christmas

A Belated Very Merry Christmas to all my readers. The holidays have been very hectic here chez Beachmama, but I assure you the New Year will bring us back to our regularly scheduled programming. In addition to getting back to posting I look forward to the long awaited release of my new site. It is this close (see finger pinching) to launch I was just too busy to finish up the last few things I have to do before going live.

Santa was a huge hit here. He ate all the cookies, took the carrots for the reindeer and left a lovely letter for J who listened intently when it was read to him. He had a few questions like, "the elves didn't make the Lego did they, they just bought them at the store?" My quick response was that toy factories had elves working there to help Santa out.

Having Opa here with us was wonderful. We don't get the opportunity often enough to share holidays with him, so it was truly a wonderful Christmas morning.

Onward to the evening. I just had to share some of my favourites from the evening of my first ever Christmas dinner. I decided last minute to let everyone serve themselves as I did not leave room on the table for the dishes and the meat platter alone is 10lbs. Although making the dinner was a tad stressful due to a long breakfast in the morning, I will definitely offer again next year as the lack of stress on my Mom's face was worth it. The line up for food warmed my heart as there was no shortage in willing eaters here.
Here is a photo of my Sister's and my Mom. The two on the right (black and red dresses) are the ones in Regina and Charlotte, the one beside me lives here. Can you tell we are Sisters??
Here is my Christmas table, which I had to make longer with an additional table and the way our family is growing I will want to invest in a larger table at some point. This one is my Grandmother's from many moons ago. It folds up into a little side table if your space is small. Which was my dilema until we moved here. I do pull out the good china, I love using it and decorating the table. Opa and Dad are chatting it up down at the head of the table. They get along so well and we are very pleased about that as it makes holidays together much easier.And last of all little Apple. She did very well all through dinner swinging away in her Retro swing and fancy party dress. Even when it was time to go to bed she would hear Opa playing with her two littlest cousins and her eyes would pop open, but she was truly tired and finally gave up the ghost and fell asleep and went right on through until 2:30am, almost six hours two nights in a row, it was awesome for me.

I hope to post a little this week but fear that the chaos will still reign in BeachMama's house. I may just have to request a little alone time with me and my computer. Another week to go with a full house, could be a little tricky.

Thank you all for stopping by my little place by the beach. I have really enjoyed getting to know a few new readers this year and I am thankful for all of you that stop and leave notes to me. You all have truly helped to keep me sane this past year waiting for Apple to arrive and getting through the first little bit of school.

I look forward to what lays ahead in 2008!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Karen MEG said...

What lovely shots! I love that photo of you with your Mom and sisters... you are all so beautiful!
Hope you have an enjoyable rest of holiday season with your lovely family!!!!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too!
I love love the group shot of you and your mom and sisters. Wow, do you all ever look alike... You are all total hot babes!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

You and your sisters do look a lot alike, all beautiful girls!

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas :-)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a great time! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your family! That's what makes Christmas Christmas!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love that swing? I don't think I could have had a single meal without it when Baby Bug was younger!

2:59 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Sounds (and looks!) like a fabulous time! And I can't wait to see the new site.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. Beautiful family pix- you are lucky to be the hostess. I wish my family would travel.

10:02 AM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Love the photos, looks like a wonderful time.
Merry belated Christmas!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy New Year! :)

Heidi

11:28 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Your family adventures were as funa as mine. Merry Christmas and Happy NEW YEAR my Good friend see you soon!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home